What did you pay for your paint job?

ScoobieDee

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a lot of paint job threads, but not much on cost. An FZ6 doesn't have nearly as much to paint as a typical sportsbike, especially so if yours is naked! I think you only have the tank and the tailpeice.

What did your paint job cost? Was it done by a professional? What color? Is your bike naked?

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
I did my front fairing, tank, grab rails, front fender
minimal touch up work plus paint prep
3 step white paint with blue pearl and smoked yamaha tuning forks on tank
all total set me back $900 with a local professional, would totally do it again and have recommended him to others.

best advice I got was reading a SBN post on paint
How much will Paint Cost? - Sportbikes.net

ScoobieDee

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I have read that thread on SBN, very informative.

I have now gone to 3 different body shops. Two of them estimated $400 for a 3-stage pearl paint job on the tank, tail/grab bars, and rear fenders. The other shop estimated $300. Add an extra $50-$75 to paint the front fender.

I did ask what kind of paint, the cheaper shop uses 3M while the other two use PPG. Any opinions out there on the quality difference between the two?

I am still looking in to finding a custom car/bike shop to find out who they use, it'd be nice to find somebody that is more into "customizing" than a body shop is.

ScoobieDee

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to another body shop today and this guy estimated $1000 :eek:

Now, $900 for all the extras (fairings/front/tuning forks) BH322893 has painted seems like it is worth it, but $1000 for just the tank and the tail?

I don't mind paying a good amount of money to get a good quality paint job, but how do I know which places will give a good quality paint job and which wont? Are there any key questions to ask?