What color is your jacket?

Josh1466

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about a new jacket, and debating on color. The bike is blue, but I don't want to just go get a blue jacket to match the bike. I don't have any plans of selling the bike, but you never know, something I can't resist may come along :D. I'm thinking about gray, a few jackets I'm looking at are tan, and I've considered the nuclear yellow/green hi-viz as well. I could go black as well, but that's lower on my option list. So what are you guys wearing on your bikes? Pictures would be good!

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this jacket...in black. I have a tendency to wear a neon yellow backpack lol.

I really like it. The lining in it is stupidly hot, I never have it in, even when it's cold. I also got this jacket last year for 99.00.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, being a girly girl, my summer jacket is pink! It would go GREAT with your blue bike!! :D

I also have a light blue leather one that I wear when it's not painfully hot out.

Blue goes with just about any color, so try some on and buy what you like! :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any colour is good, just as long as it has some reflective striping, or High vis colour somewhere on it.

I have 9 bike jackets......all have some sort of high vis material on them.

:thumbup:

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Buy pinky, that will be the best decision.:D

To be honest, I would not recommend to buy white or black. A white jacket will become dirty soon and you can't clean it up. A black jacket is bad as well, because of bad visibility, you'll become like a ghost for others on the roads.

About bright stripes on the black back, on my opinion they don't help in the traffic at night

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a complete new set of gear for my Euro trip, and I went with the Joe Rocket Ballistic 8.0 Jacket in Red:

2310_Ballistic_8.0_jkt.jpg

I am well past the age of caring about color coordination, I just want to be seen in traffic. This jacket is very well constructed, water-proof and will work great in cold or hot conditions.
Link: Joe Rocket Ballistic 8.0 Jacket :: MotorcycleGear.com

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a complete new set of gear for my Euro trip, and I went with the Joe Rocket Ballistic 8.0 Jacket in Red:

I am well past the age of caring about color coordination, I just want to be seen in traffic. This jacket is very well constructed, water-proof and will work great in cold or hot conditions.

Nice!!!! :rockon: I have a Joe Rocket UFO jacket for the really hot weather. The liner is a two layer nylon water proof and amazingly warm for it's weight. I'll be wearing that with my new GP2 motoport Kevlar pants. Normally leathers and I also have an Icon mil spec dayglo green vest when I want High Vis. on freeway trips.

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to like my gear to match the bike (I've got a blue '06), but I'm silly like that. I've got TONS of gear...2 two-piece perforated suits...a 3/4 textile jacket for when it's cold...a non-perforated two-piece suit...and I just picked up a shorter Joe Rocket Atomic 3.0 on closeout from MotorcycleGear.com to commute in! Yep, I'm a gear whore! But I like to have the right gear for every situation.

Here's just the jackets that I've got (doesn't include the pants that go with them):

Joe Rocket Atomic 3.0:

110_Atomic_30_Jacket300.jpg

Tourmaster Sabre Series 2:

TourmasterSaberSeries2.jpg

Older model Teknic Chicane perforated leather jacket (LOVE this jacket...my go-to jacket for sport-riding):

IMG_0289.jpg

Older model Teknic Lightning non-perforated leather jacket:

TeknicLightningLeatherJacket.jpg

And my newest perforated leather jacket, the Teknic Mercury (can you tell I love Teknic gear???):

teknic_mercury_blue_jkt_LG.jpg

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Alpinestars Stage Perforated Leather Jacket in red for me! Ok, picture of me for all to ridicule at :cheer:

Josh1466

Reaction score
Visit site

That jacket is a lot like what I've been looking at. I'm considering the Tourmaster Transition, Scorpion Commander, and a couple others. This fits right along with those type of jackets. My current jackets are both red, so a red one of these might fit in too...

My consideration on color wasn't ALL aesthetic either, I was looking for something that stands out in traffic, but still looks alright with the bike (and off it as well). I've never noticed a problem being seen in my red, but I'm not sure how gray would be. It's a lighter color, but might blend in or get lost in all the silver cars out there, or in the concrete that's all around when you're in urban areas with traffic to worry about.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Tourmaster long black touring jacket (I forget the model) with matching pants. I got it more for the flexibility in use in all weather due to the multiple liners, armor, and pockets, than color. It has some retro-reflective piping if I unexpectedly find myself riding in the dark. My bright blue/silver bike and helmet (and scorpion exhaust) are enough attention-getters for me during the day.

I also have a retina-scorching neon green vest to wear over it, with wide retro-reflective stripes, which I slip on over the jacket when it's rainy/foggy/dark.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Both my summer and winter jackets are HiViz yellow/green with black trim. The &*$%^ Air Force Base kept changing the "acceptable" rules, so I just went with the most obnoxious thing out there.
I have no regrets; it sure seems like I've had a noticeable reduction in folks turning left in front of me. I'll sacrifice style for that! :thumbup:

Oh, the damn base cops even hassled me about my medium-blue backpack, so in anger I bought a hot pink "Hello Kitty" backpack! :Flip: It didn't last too long, the shoulder straps weren't quite long enough for my 46" chest. :rolleyes:

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the jacket below and really like it. I have this one and a much heavier waterproof one for cooler and more unpredictable weather. But this is a GREAT summer jacket as I don't get too hot in 90-100 degree weather. If I need to cool off a little I just sit more upright and let the wind hit the upper chest (I have a touring windscreen) and cools down within seconds thanks to the awesome vents. I had a simpler version of this jacket which was also nice and cool but it got ripped so I got this one. It's also not that expensive. Got it from an eBay vendor and was around 130 bux.

Teknic_Supervent_Pro_Mesh_Jacket_zoom.jpg

It's a Teknic Super Vent Pro Mesh

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Winter: Blue/Black
Summer: Grey
Leather: Blue/White/Black

:D
EDIT: Winter: BLACK

Bought myself a brand new RST Paragon jacket today. Local bike shop closing down. Only had about 6 jackets left in the shop. Saw it, liked it, tried it on - $345 on the tag - paid $220.

:steve: