What can you say you have done....

hoston1765

Reaction score
Visit site
Old stuff from an old guy, some from the 60's!. Like the saying goes: "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

Scuba drift diving the Niagara river 3 times , once to the north end of Grand Island. (within 3 miles of the falls).
High School record in hurdles.
Saw the Bob Hope show live in Da Nang (was drafted).
Army Commendation Medal US Army CDCEC Ft. Ord (Combat Developments Command)
Located and registered a 120 year old wreck in Lake Erie.
Had a bullet part my hair and one zing past my ear.
Found over 70 coins on wrecks in Lake Erie including a 1853 gold dollar and 1721 Spanish real.
Bronze star in Viet Nam.
Witnessed my daughter's birth and third to hold her, a former model now in Vet school.
Was on stage in Las Vegas at the Sands with Joey Bishop in the audience.
Camped with a motorcycle in Yosemite Park on a hillside, scared off a bear in the middle of the night with a camera flash.
High sided a deer at 80 mph, punctured lung and fractured 7 ribs, spinous process of 3 vertebrae and right clavicle, still numb in spots.
Before cell phones flagged down an Army convoy in California to help an elderly couple from Ohio with overheated engine, I fixed the leak and they poured their drinking water in the radiator.
Broken bones in U.S. Army: two ribs and pelvis.
Saved a child from drowning-- as a lifeguard at Wanakah Country Club, Hamburg.
Employer for 25 years.
Won a dance contest in Rochester.
Drove the U.S. from coat to coast.
Out for 22 hours out in Buffalo's Storm of '77, never stuck. Shuttled stranded to an all night McDonalds. Made it to my gf's house and found her sleeping with her Doctor (some house call).
Attended JFK's funeral.
Shook hands with Sarah Palin, Mayors of Buffalo and Rochester.
Controls of a Cessna given to me over Niagara Falls.
Worked labor crew at the world's largest function integrated Steel Mill (Lackawanna)
Interviewed on WKBW TV, Buffalo, New York.
Responded to screams and got the daylights kicked out of me (and gave some back) by three guys but prevented a rape.
Front bumper of Austin Sprite hooked by a passing Chevy and pulled me into a light pole, rear view mirror (on the dashboard) cut end of nose off.
Walked the halls of the Pentagon on official business, impressive place.
Drunk hit my Volvo head on at high speed. Dealer said it was the worst he had seen with just the firewall remaining on the driver's side. 2 broken ribs and a big thanks to Volvo.
Conspicuous service award from New York State.
Hit a swarm of bees at 70 mph (sounded like a sledge hammer, vision went to zero) on Rte 17 near Jamestown, NY. Counted 200 bee bodies on me and the bike, no stings!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got to play Enter Sandman on a club PA worth $500000 last night...it sounded amazing! I bet the concert was amazing last night! Was it loud? or just "public liabilty" loud???

:thumbup:

The concert was INSANE :rockon: Peaked out at 136 db :eek: which makes it the loudest possible concert in Oz & puts them equal footing world record with KISS :thumbup: I know coz they made a point of telling us :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The concert was INSANE :rockon: Peaked out at 136 db :eek: which makes it the loudest possible concert in Oz & puts them equal footing world record with KISS :thumbup: I know coz they made a point of telling us :D
I want to take my earplugs, but Mike says that would be WRONG :(

Well, is it wrong?..... :confused:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to take my earplugs, but Mike says that would be WRONG :(

Well, is it wrong?..... :confused:

Of course it is wrong...i have been a DJ for 20 years, and have never worn earplugs, cause listening to loud music with earplugs in is like listening to music from another room, with the door shut!

So your ears will ring... :BLAA:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course it is wrong...i have been a DJ for 20 years, and have never worn earplugs, cause listening to loud music with earplugs in is like listening to music from another room, with the door shut!

So your ears will ring... :BLAA:
Thanks for your quick response and honesty..... I know it's wrong, but the 800km trip to Geraldton a few weeks ago - my ears buzzed for a few days - I was worried about doing permanent damage.

I have long hair, maybe I can hide them. He'll never know ;)

Sorry for the thead hijack......

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only just saw this thread,ok here go's
Took a ride in a seaplane from Strahan in tassie and landed on the Gordon river
Drove a ford Taurus from Vancouver to Toronto.
Been shot at.
Drove my car under a log truck.
Was a back seat passenger in a crash during a police pursuit.
Got dragged into a labelling machine up to my shoulder.
Drove a car on the wrong side of the road down a mountain on Maui ............till another car came round the corner ,should have seen their faces !
oh.............Tboned a kangaroo.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
* Stabbed a knife in my eye when I was really young. Running in the kitchen with just my socks and fell. Damage a Tier Duck but is now 98%.

* Broke left arm when I was racing another sliding down a pole. I chose to free fall and that I did... :(

* Got hit by a car while riding my bicycle. Was crossed eyed for a week and lost my smell for at least 5 years but it all came back. No broke bones though.

* Did a couple of missionary trips to Russia

* Met former president Carter and Clinton in person. I'm not even a Democrat. Doesn't that make me a victim???

:BLAA:

* Flown Clinton, S Palin, M Batali, P Manning, Drummer Carter, etc...