What can we learn from this guy?

oldtimer

Oh Noes!!
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqKfdTPzbFg&feature=related"]YouTube - Motorcycle crash - accident - honda[/ame]

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
going pretty slow and turning ever so slightly.................seems like he hit a patch of sand or gravel.

always stay away from the edge of a road like that one. roads less traveled and outside the city limits build up debris on the sides. there are no sweeper trucks cleaning it up or cars pushing it aside. Plus right where he crashed seemed like a dirt on the side of the road............always look well ahead of your intended path.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't ride a Honda???

Agreed, hit some crap and went down, or freaked and grabbed his front brake, but me thinks dirt.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
He didn't take the right line.

He started the turn on the INSIDE, realized his speed was too great over gravel as he swung outside and grabbed the brake mid-turn.

1) Gravel
2) Bad line
3) Too much brake mid-turn
4) Honda (biggest problem of them all!!)

Last edited:

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkVwlkZmYpg&feature=related"]YouTube - Motorcycle crash - accident[/ame]

Here's another similar video, but with a steeper scale.

Sqrly

Reaction score
Visit site
Video #1 - Trash in the road. Hence the front wheel sliding out from under the bike. Rear wheel soon to follow.

Video #2 - High lean angle, loss of traction when accelerating at apex of turn.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

oldtimer

Oh Noes!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like he snatched the front brake (first video), his front wheel jerks big time just before the back wheel starts to give.

You must have some eagle eyes because I can't tell anything from that grainy video. It's a shame the person who posted the video didn't give any insight as to what actually happened- if indeed it was dirt on the ground or grabbing the brake. I posted the video to get some good theories from you guys.

I have no sympathy for the guy in the second video. Those kind of shenanigans should be saved for the track. Why is the guy dragging a knee on a public road with cars travelling on the opposite direction. If not for that guard rail, his ass would have flung over the side of the road. Truly an idiot.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Stuff on the road in the first, not much you can do about that. People can talk about how "they" would/could have avoided it but **** happens. Second, well that's just to much angle.

crx81

Reaction score
Visit site
Stuff on the road in the first, not much you can do about that. People can talk about how \"they\" would/could have avoided it but **** happens.

There's plenty he could have done to avoid it. His line sucked huge. He took the corner right on top of the outside line. It's not even like he entered the corner very fast. I'm gonna say new, uneducated rider still afraid of cornering.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That first guy just missed two posts of some sort sliding off the road, lucky! :eek: