What brand helmet?

sfcali86

Proud Dad
Reaction score
Visit site
so i got 250 dollars i already have a shoei helmet but i got that itch i need a backup one also,so what kind of helmets do you guys gals have that cost 250 more or less around that price range thanks

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Get another Shoei

I have a Shoei head so I own 3 of them and 1 Schubreth (out of the 250 range). Closeout models can be had a great savings from the discount internet dealers.

I talked to a Snell director you gave me this advise about helmets. "Stay with a good name brand helmet, you get what you pay for"

Happy helmet shoping!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2 helmets. HJC and my favorite is a Scorpion EXO 1000 with an internal flip down sun shield.

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion EXO700 series. It's not the most expensive, but it's DOT and SNELL approved. No conditions I've ridden in have been able to fog it up. I like the air circulation, but I haven't tried any others, so I can't compare the noise level.

fuzzylogic

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a scorpion exo700 that i bought initially and just replaced it with an HJC/joe rocket rkt101 that i really like. its very comfortable, has excellent circulation and doesn't seem to fog easily. i want to try out one of the scorpion helmets with the built in sun visor but i don't have the extra money lying around at the moment. =(

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Nolan flip-up (N102). I love it. It's not the lightest helmet, but it's VERY convenient to be able to take a drink and talk without taking it off. I also like the quick release it has once I got used to it (rather than a D-ring it uses an attachment like you see on a ski boot). I haven't used the flip-up sun shield it comes with, although I just put it on and plan to try it this year.

The rubber seals on one side of the helmet did fail last year (nothing of consequence), but the distributor fixed it quick without any questions. They have a full 5-year warranty on everything they make.

If you look around you can sometimes get a really good deal on Nolans (I paid half of the retail price).

If you like your Shoei, they make a really good flip-up too.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had numerous brands of helmets, and I am most happy with HJC. I currently have the HJC CL-SP and love it! Of the bargain brands HJC has the best quality, by far. Most HJC helmets will also be under your price cap. HJC is easy to find as almost all dealers sell them.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Does anybody know the reason why track-racers always use D-rings?

I only use D-rings, - can't seem to get my fingers around a quick release :) ,- but besides my finger issue I always thought that the D-ring was safer?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm old, Bell used to be the absolute pinnacle in helmets

I'm old too! After a Nava I had a very heavy Bell Star, a Tour Star and a Star II. I also had a Moto III which I bought before I changed my mind about buying an IT 200.

Fast forward 20 years and I am very happy with my Shoei.

As Bell used to say: "If you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet"

Does anybody know the reason why track-racers always use D-rings?

I only use D-rings, - can't seem to get my fingers around a quick release :) ,- but besides my finger issue I always thought that the D-ring was safer?
You answered your own question. Safety.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I have HJC FS-10, CL-14 and Scorpion EXO-400. I think the newer HJC IS-16 with 3 stage sun visor pips the FS-10 and is cheaper too. Go figure!

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
If you need a helmet for that price, go onto to Motorcyclesuperstore.com and you will find a whole bunch of helmets on sale and for $250 you can get some nice shoi again if you want.
I only get my gear from there. If you have problem with something, they will replace it with no questions asked and even have their own shipping back. Highly recommended.