what are the co's??????

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried finding out about CO's, and got this from a guywho sets up race bikes, with R1 and R6 experience:

He reckons
c1 is low end
and
c2 is top end

NOT selecting cylinders 1/3 and 2/4.

Now this is getting confusing.One moment is for cyclinder2 1/4,2,3 and now is low end and top end.So now which is which?Do anyone get an offical answer from Yamaha techical department?

Wyotech kid

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of power gains but not on the subject of CO's, does anyone know if there are adjustable cam sprockets for an fz6?:confused: I can find R6 cam sprockets but i seriously doubt the two cams are compatible and can be interchanged.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
While the engine may have been an R6 item in a previous life, the FZ6's mill hits the road with a more rounded character. The bore and stroke retains its oversquare 65.5 x 44.5 mm relationship. Compression, however, drops a tick from 12.4:1 to 12.2:1. Mixture is delivered by 36mm throttle bodies utilizing what Yamaha terms "group injection." The throttle bodies are grouped into two pairs consisting of the 1 and 4 cylinders and 2 and 3 cylinders. Each group of injectors will fire twice to deliver each of the cylinder's charges, or to put it another way, the amount of fuel needed for each cylinder's combustion stroke is divided into two injector bursts of 50 percent each.

From: Soup :: 2004 Yamaha FZ6 A Fazer by any other name...

Maybe maybe. :confused:

Last edited:

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Now this is getting confusing.One moment is for cyclinder2 1/4,2,3 and now is low end and top end.So now which is which?Do anyone get an offical answer from Yamaha techical department?

i've heard of this too