what aftermarket handlebar...?

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
hi there, so i think my stock bar is bent a little. the right side is closer to the tank then left side at max. steering angle. im thinking about a cheap aftermarket handlebar. any ideas? or anyone has a stock one they don't need? i can't find any on ebay :spank:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Renthal high road bar that is great and higher than stock. The medium height road bar should be the same as stock. You'd need different barends (13mm inside I think) or bodge some heavy ones like I did (see my website for details). It was only £22. Bit more vibey than until I filled it with sand and put the heavy bar-ends on.

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
^ wow very creative. btw, sry for the noob question, is the gen2 fz1 bar a straight swap with no modification needed? thanks.

edit: sry for another noob question, any 7/8 bar should work right?

Last edited:

Brandad

Reaction score
Visit site
hi there, so i think my stock bar is bent a little. the right side is closer to the tank then left side at max. steering angle.

Be sure to check that the forks are straight in the triple clamps first. I bought my bike used and assumed for the longest time that the bars weren't straight. After not too much wrenching, it's really straight now.

Brandad

Reaction score
Visit site

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
^ wow very creative. btw, sry for the noob question, is the gen2 fz1 bar a straight swap with no modification needed? thanks.

edit: sry for another noob question, any 7/8 bar should work right?
Yup. (or they may be labelled as 22mm). Unless it's REALLY tall and then your levers may hit the mirrors on full lock and the cables will be too stretched. I couldn't get any taller bars than the high Renthals unless I get new brake lines and probably other bits. It's easy to rotate/adjust them in the clamps anyway. You WILL want heavy barends to cancel out the vibes (the stock ones are damn heavy and won't fit any other bars), so make sure you check that out before buying. Good luck, and don't forget to post pics.