Went overbord at cyclegear!!!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The saying goes dont go to the grocery store hungry well heres a new one dont go to cyclegear on payday....well i did get some good deals and some good gear though. I picked up a sedici napoli jacket w/matching pants and gloves, first gear heated jacket liner, acerbis pro hanguards, 2 trackside 12v adapters and a chain cleaner brush.....drum roll please....grand total of $750....well like i said lots of the stuff was on sale and i needed some good winter gear after sellin mine last year....to think i only went in there for a jacket liner though....

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Good deal. Looks like you got a lot of good and useful gear and items. I actually had the privilege of working at the Cycle Gear in my area earlier this year as a second job. Great folks and good company. My biggest problem was trying not to spend my paychecks on accessories and gear.

I started working there in order to get some capital built up for the TopEnd.tv project. Sadly, I ended up having to give it up in order to be able to focus on the project. Well, that, working a regular 40 hour/week job, and working 20-25 hours/week at CG was starting to wear me down. 90+ hours a week between all three was a bit much. Still, I really liked working there.

Good deal. Looks like you got a lot of good and useful gear and items. I actually had the privilege of working at the Cycle Gear in my area earlier this year as a second job. Great folks and good company. My biggest problem was trying not to spend my paychecks on accessories and gear.

I started working there in order to get some capital built up for the TopEnd.tv project. Sadly, I ended up having to give it up in order to be able to focus on the project. Well, that, working a regular 40 hour/week job, and working 20-25 hours/week at CG was starting to wear me down. 90+ hours a week between all three was a bit much. Still, I really liked working there.

I hear ya i couldnt work there because i would be broke a day after payday, and i tried working 2 jobs as well as being a full time student at ksu.... i was working 50hrs a week landscaping 15-20hrs a week at target and had a full corse load, crazyness, but it.only lasted 1 semester before i quit target and a semester later quit school to go work in a comercial hvac union local 72. If i could go back in time i would kick my ass for quitin school with 2yrs left....oh well

Jeez I did the same thing, went in there to get a new tinted shield. Came out with a Flat black Seven 0 Seven helmet to match my newly flat black painted bike, tinted mask, and alpinestar gloves. I looked at the GoPro camera's for 30min and ended up ordering one when I got home. Going to have to eat PB&J and ham sanwiches the rest o the month.

Just to let you know since I used to work there, Cycle Gear does train their employees to sell-sell-sell! Just like at any retail store. They are pretty comprehensive and have many continuous training tools. So be careful! :D

Just to let you know since I used to work there, Cycle Gear does train their employees to sell-sell-sell! Just like at any retail store. They are pretty comprehensive and have many continuous training tools. So be careful! :D

Ya like you said thats pretty much every store....they dont call them salesmen for nothing

Yup. Now, not that I don't want to support the Cycle Gear stores or anything, but one tactic that they use is to get you talking about your bike, gear, or motorcycle related interests in order to get you comfortable. They know that people like to talk about their bike and motorcycles in general. Once the conversation starts to flow, there's a much better chance that the customer will be more willing to listen to some of the day's pitches and buy more. Also, a customer who is comfortable is more likely to share specific needs and interests and is very susceptible to get excited when the salesperson shows them like items in the store.

What's really funny is that even though I no longer work there, I find myself helping people when I stop by to visit or get something that I might need. I even still sometimes get asked if I work there. :)

Back