Went bonkers and blew through $1200.

lordplayer

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, as if I dont already love my bike, I guess I felt the need to blow through over $1200 on a Corbin seat and Two Brothers aluminum cans.

Please feel free to flame me for being irresponsible or encourage my stupid behavior and praise me for being addicted to the FZ6.

Well, as if I dont already love my bike, I guess I felt the need to blow through over $1200 on a Corbin seat and Two Brothers aluminum cans.

Please feel free to flame me for being irresponsible or encourage my stupid behavior and praise me for being addicted to the FZ6.

Good work....$1200, if you get a bad case of "mod fever" that will seem like spare change!:eek:

2 great mods though, great bang for your buck with both.

:thumbup:

Lol,nothing bonkers about that ......my wife would disagree.......like Wolfman said 2 good mod's ,you chose wisely :thumbup:

Will be interested in you feedback on the Corbin mate .

If I had 1200 dollars exhaust and a seat is what I would get as well.

Hell I'm going to need tires soon and I don't even have 4k miles on the bike.

Well its a start :rolleyes: When you get to about $3,500 let me know.

Please let us know what you think of your cool new toys.

Well now I know how much I need to save. I was planning on the same purchases over the winter.

Let us know how you like the Corbin. Did you get the backrest also?

The corbin's worth it.

What cover did you get? I hope it wasn't the "carbon fiber look". That stuff is slick as snot. I have to use a piece of drawer liner to keep from sliding around.

Well now I know how much I need to save. I was planning on the same purchases over the winter.

Let us know how you like the Corbin. Did you get the backrest also?

Know what's REALLY dumb about the back rest? It costs almost as much as the seat! Ridiculous if you ask me.

I know. I wouldn't get it, but I have 6 yr old daughter. When she starts riding with me, I'd feel more comfortable with it on.

Lol good job on money well spent!! I am feeling the hurt too haha. I just got the bike in August and already spent 1500 on her...ridiculous!

I know. I wouldn't get it, but I have 6 yr old daughter. When she starts riding with me, I'd feel more comfortable with it on.

I bought my seat used, and got the seat and back rest for $400. I probably would have gotten one anyway, but the price for the two was great (saved me about $200).

I like having the back rest because I know my fiance can't go anywhere once she's on the bike. It gives me piece of mind, especially after one occurance where she almost ended up off the back of the bike.

I bought my seat used, and got the seat and back rest for $400. I probably would have gotten one anyway, but the price for the two was great (saved me about $200).

I like having the back rest because I know my fiance can't go anywhere once she's on the bike. It gives me piece of mind, especially after one occurance where she almost ended up off the back of the bike.

Wow, good price. According to the Corbin website, the seat and the standard backrest would cost about $650. Hopefully I can find a deal like you did.

Which carbon fiber cover did you get?

Thanks everyone for the good feedback. I'm getting really anxious for the packages to arrive now. I will be very quick with reviews on the products once I get them.

A used Corbin seat to me seems almost impossible UNLESS you have somewhat similar height/weight/inseam of the seller. My buddy got his yesterday for his 2001 Kawasaka ZR7 and I can barely ride the bike now because his seat is built for a much larger person. He says that he can now ride for hours with no discomfort and called me an idiot if I didn't buy one.

And I did not buy the backrest or any other options. Any girl who willingly sits on the back of my bike would have to have such low self-esteem, I wouldn't want her on there anyway. LOL:D

Well its a start :rolleyes: When you get to about $3,500 let me know.

Please let us know what you think of your cool new toys.

Lol! Went sailng past 3.5k a while back....my addiction is serious! as must yours be Mr Hellgate!

:rockon:

Wow! I love watching you guys work. I think I have less than $60 in mods on my bike. All my money so far has been sunk into gear. Hopefully next year I can move into more mods. Unfortunately when I get around to modding my exhaust I have to do my wifes vstar too. She won't let me have a better sounding bike than her.

Congrats on your seat and exhaust :thumbup:

Wow! I love watching you guys work. I think I have less than $60 in mods on my bike. All my money so far has been sunk into gear. Hopefully next year I can move into more mods. Unfortunately when I get around to modding my exhaust I have to do my wifes vstar too. She won't let me have a better sounding bike than her.

Congrats on your seat and exhaust :thumbup:

Man you are a lucky man, a missus that rides.......seems to be more common in the States, hard pressed to find a girl that rides in Oz, let alone one that is your partner....and i love the fact that you both have to have nice sounding bikes!

:thumbup:

hey man i feel you...i just bought the 2bro's exhaust, FE kit, lower fairings...flush turn signals...lowered the windshield...working on re-positioning the mirrors...

i have some good news though...:cheer: my bosses brother in law works for a motorcycle dealership...so he can get aftermarket and stock parts at cost!!! he said he was going to look up the corbin seat for me but said that most a/m parts are usually marked up about 30-40%...so the seat shouldn't be that much!

Back