Well...I was going to get a FZ6. At least it's still a Yamaha

poultond

Reaction score
Visit site
I began looking at getting a motorcycle and started doing research on bikes. I settled on the FZ6. I took the MSF course.

But with what's going on in the economy (IMHO we are heading into what will be called 'The Greater Depression' but that discussion is for a different forum) I just didn't feel right about financing $7000.00 + for a new bike or $5000 for a used one.

My nephew builds bikes down in Florida so I talked to him about it and he has a 1981 Yamaha XS650 that he just finished going through and refurbishing. So that's what I'm going to be getting as my first bike.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta go with what feels right for you! Depression or not i couldnt care less, nothing would have stopped me from getting my FZ6 :blowkiss:

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Never feel bad for your decisions - I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike & saving on fuel!!:rockon:
However, if you change your mind you could get a good used FZ6 for way less than $5k................I got an '04 w/low miles for $3150.
Good luck.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like everyone has said here, as long as your on two wheels and enjoying it.
You will definitely see the big savings in refueling compared to any cage. Just remember, cause it can't be said enough........WATGATT.

Agente Especial

Red Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

I've had a list of bikes before I got my FZ6 and can say two things about my experience. I learned something from owning each bike (as they are of course each very unique), and these differences make me appreciate my FZ so much more because I have something to compare it to. Secondly, through buying and selling bikes and a little elbow grease, I've been able to upgrade with each bike through the years which has led to my being able to buy an 07. Bottom line, you've got a motorcycle and life is good. Learn, enjoy and your FZ will be patiently waiting for you! Good Luck. :thumbup

Last edited: