waterproof rain gear

suedon

cafe racer
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy New Years to you all from Canada.....we will still have snow here for three more months but looking ahead to riding season. I wanted to know if any of you have or had Icon pdx rain gear..I have no experience riding in harsh rain but want to be prepared in case I encounter a sudden downpour. I`ve been researching and have read good reviews on this product as well as a couple of negative ones. As I see it, either the product is waterproof or it isn`t. So I am going to straight to the to source.....riders who have this product. Any opinions/info/reviews would help greatly. Money is not a issue and there is an abundance of rain gear from other companies but am interested in this particular produce for the price....approx $115 for the jacket.....being female I see this product is offered for both sexes but welcome comments from anyone on its durability. Thanks so much.........and i do wear gear all the time.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know about that, I have Frog Toggs and they work quite well. Usually just wear the top as my First Gear pants do OK for short periods of riding in the rain. Have ridden thru some very heavy rainfall - Florida showers. Don't ride in thunderstorms because thunder scares me.

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Frog Toggs. Cheap and effective. I've road Canada from coast to coast and most of the US and love the FT. Don't get the "highway"Toggs because they use a hood that rolls into the collar and adds to much bulk which interferes with the back of the helmet.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree about the hood, have that one and it does interfere. Looks like rain tomorrow and am sitting here contemplating riding the CBR in the rain with the FT and the lower riding position. May have to take the FZ6 with the PR3 rain tire.