Wanted: 2007 or later FZ6

JMalmsteen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. I'm in the central PA area and am looking for a low mileage FZ6 that is '07 or later. I will pay between KBB trade and retail. Thanks!
-Jen

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. I'm in the central PA area and am looking for a low mileage FZ6 that is '07 or later. I will pay between KBB trade and retail. Thanks!
-Jen

Hi Jen, are you related to Yngwie? :rockon:

Anyway, Im about to pick up a touring bike, so I'll be putting the FZ up for sale, it's an '07 with about 10k miles.

I've had it for about a year, I got it from a friend last year who bought it new.

Where in PA are you? Will you include a cheesesteak if I deliver it to you?

JMalmsteen

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up buying an FZ-09. After dealing with way too many people who wanted more than retail for a used bike, I got frustrated and bought a new one. You can buy a new FZ-09 for $7150 plus tax. For the people wanting the 5k for the FZ6s, it makes absolutely no sense. Good luck with your sales guys and thanks for the emails.

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what it wrong with some (most?) people selling used motorcycles. Their machines are usually overpriced. At first I thought it's just leave room for negotiations but after couple times I've went to check bike, and noticed multiple flaws in bike (leaking forks, stripped sprockets, spongy brake lever, no tires, bad rotor) and ask seller what is his real selling price they still stick to 5k. I've showed cash in hand and said I can give only 3000 (yup, I've lowball hoping to meet somewhere but closer to 3k than 4k) they stick to their 5k saying they have other buyers. Then I've seen same bike for weeks on CL :confused:

I think there is general attitude nowadays people are trying to recover 100% value of bike. Some of them thinks aftermarket exhaust is adding 1k to selling price. Well maybe for some does, but not for me :)

So you're not alone in impression a lot of bikes is well overpriced. I don't get it.

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
Too many people think they're bikes are gold or want to recoup every penny they put into their bikes.

Others feel all the time, effort and expense they put into customizing their bike makes it worth more.

I totally understand that feeling.

I put in over 12k worth of upgrades into my concours, a bike whose blue book value is less than a 1\4 of that.

No one cares that I have $3500 in the suspension, nearly the same in engine upgrades, a $1000 custom Russel seat.

I listed the bike for slightly more than blue book value and was still lowballed by people, so I ended up just parting out the accessories, by removing less than 5 bolt on items, I got my asking price back and I still have the rest of the bike fully useable that I'll sell for KBB.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up buying an FZ-09. After dealing with way too many people who wanted more than retail for a used bike, I got frustrated and bought a new one. You can buy a new FZ-09 for $7150 plus tax. For the people wanting the 5k for the FZ6s, it makes absolutely no sense. Good luck with your sales guys and thanks for the emails.

Nice, you're going to enjoy the 9. It's the best value out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk