Wales - Scotland ?

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks Awesome. Just wish I could come with you.

All you need now is good weather :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you might have part of it on your proposed route already, but the A830 (Road to the Isles) from Fort William to Mallaig is beautiful. Even more so if you catch the azaleas and rhododendrons in bloom. From Mallaig there is a ferry north to Skye to continue your route. I recall staying in an old hotel/pub near the port in Mallaig with squeaky floors, live music, and fine single malt whiskey.

Has it been nearly twenty years since I was there? Way past time to go back for another visit.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: Sorry, for some weird reason I can't see the route at home but when I looked at it at my work I could see the route super imposed on the map. It must have something to do with my settings :confused:

I would like to suggest (if it's good weather) taking a small detour to beachy head (near Eastbourne), it's a great look out point, you almost pass it anyway :thumbup:

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
ok, 2,5 weeks to go. Time to boost the thread ;)

bikes at the shop this week for a full checkup (had to go in anyway so told them to take their time).

Beachy head is in there now, thanks for the tip.

And now all we can hope for is for the weather to get less **** :)

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
ok, i'm back. a total of 3824 km on UK land in 2 weeks ... :p I'll write a full report once i sorted the pictures and stuff ;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
NICE! Heading to Scotland for two weeks in 5 weeks with Mrs. for her 30 years of endurance (marriage to me). Can't wait. Renting a cage so it's relaxing, comfortable and we don't freeze! It's been 90's and up to 105 here and the September weather in Scotland is like our mid Fall. All planned, all paid, and we're ready.

See you in Inverness on September 15th for the Inverness-Aberdeen football(?) match. Or maybe fly fishing in the Highlands, or stag stalking, or on Skye, Mull, Iona, or any number of places we'll wander into. I'll be the one with the Wisconsin accent.