Wait wait.. FZ-07?

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
I know alot of us are excited about the FZ-09 and the rumors/impending FJ-09 but, I didn't realize 'this' was also in design for 2015??

2015 Yamaha FZ-07 Review - Motorcycle.com

But only in Canada??!? (So far)

$7,299 CDN (approx. $6,695 USD)

397 lbs - wet? Talk about flickable!

Downside that I see - it makes about the power of a 6r, slightly more TQ - our FZ-06 is still a bit peppier.

Not a bad bike for newer riders? Or for naked fans?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
With design so similar to the FZ-09 and price only $1,000 less I can't see this selling that well, at least not in the US. I'd take the FZ-09 any day over that, though I'm guessing that a Parallel twin gets close to 60 mpg fuel economy and full torque at only 6500 rpms would make this a great commute bike.

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
With design so similar to the FZ-09 and price only $1,000 less I can't see this selling that well, at least not in the US. I'd take the FZ-09 any day over that, though I'm guessing that a Parallel twin gets close to 60 mpg fuel economy and full torque at only 6500 rpms would make this a great commute bike.

Pretty much what I was thinking too - also potentially a GREAT bike for newer 'bigger' riders where a 250 might be found laboring at low speed/RPM's?

I do like it, aesthetically it follows the 09 which I LOVE (Waiting to see the FJ-09's looks tho).

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
It's already in the UK. Fits into our 19-24 year old licence bracket. Apparently it's significantly more fun than the 09 due to not being lumbered with the messed up electronic settings and not being forced to choose between "unresponsive" and "snatchy" on the throttle.

All reports say it's blooming difficult to keep the front end down a well.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I know the MT-07 has been around for a couple years. They must of decided to see how well it would sell in North America. I still would rather have to FZ-09 but I do like the looks of that seat way more and wish it would be an option for the 09.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the FZ-09 but IMO the gas tank is too small. Loved the large tank on my FZ6. Is the gas tank bigger on the FZ-07?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at the FZ-07 review last week and thought that it's a great idea to have a bike like this offered because some people might like the gas savings and why does every bike have to have more ponies. I also think Yamaha would be smart to offer combos that competed with other Japanese makers. Versys, Ninja 650, VStrom 650 etc.
That's an interesting thing about the FZ6. It's a solid combo of features that work and can be modded in different directions. I think it's one of the most successful bikes in history. Just think about the membership here and the lasting support the FZ6 has had and continues to have.
Personally I like my little half fairing better than the naked look and feel

I think more flavors is a good thing! Blah

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
MT-07 is in our market too, I saw one at our local dealer a couple of weeks ago.

Surprising, as this isn't really a naked market, the FZ-8 and naked 6 and 1 didn't come here.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
It's already in the UK. Fits into our 19-24 year old licence bracket. Apparently it's significantly more fun than the 09 due to not being lumbered with the messed up electronic settings and not being forced to choose between "unresponsive" and "snatchy" on the throttle.

All reports say it's blooming difficult to keep the front end down a well.

The messed up electronics were a special "UK only" feature. Yamaha figured that it would make you Brits feel more comfortable to ride something with an electronics system that performed like it was developed in england.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
The messed up electronics were a special "UK only" feature. Yamaha figured that it would make you Brits feel more comfortable to ride something with an electronics system that performed like it was developed in england.

What, like the triumph speed triple, which gets best in class in every single comparison test done between the MT-09, the triple and what ever the Kwak equivalent is (I forget the name)? The 09 has entered a very competitive market slot and gone head to head with some very good bikes, and quite frankly doesn't cut the mustard. On its own, it's a perfectly capable and fun machine, but if I were buying, I'd get the Triumph.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
What, like the triumph speed triple, which gets best in class in every single comparison test done between the MT-09, the triple and what ever the Kwak equivalent is (I forget the name)? The 09 has entered a very competitive market slot and gone head to head with some very good bikes, and quite frankly doesn't cut the mustard. On its own, it's a perfectly capable and fun machine, but if I were buying, I'd get the Triumph.

The reference was to the historically flawed British automotive electrical systems in general, not any one bike specifically.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site

Gone head to head and doesn't cut the mustard? What articles are you reading?

I see an engine that's more powerful than a triple R (I'm speaking solely of other triples) it's what, 2k$ cheaper than a triple? The ONLY down falls are 1:throttle response-125$ stoltec flash (or learn to love it) and 2:suspension-600$ and that's being generous on the rear and forks.

akrApovic FULL exhaust,-1300$ (street triple 1300$ for a slip on) , all the tuning setup you will need about another 800$ give you one straight, badass bike that will definetly outlive a triumph. For a whole lot less money.

So I don't see where it "can't cut the mustard" based on price, availability, and reliability. It will gather a following thus reducing some cost for aftermarket parts in general.

Guess it all boils down to if whether or not you want a prom queen or a biker *****.

Last edited: