VS01 / VS02 - E-approved?

nbsjoberg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum. Found it yesterday, when I was looking for some information about my "new" FZ6-S S2, and came over a very interesting thread regarding turning the S into N.

I have been in touch with Vishnu, and he is currently checking stock before sending me the PayPal details.

Meanwhile, I have been doing some checking on my own. I live in Norway, and the local DMV (suspect that's what the equivalent would be in English) has opinions on most things when it comes to vehicles. Still, they don't mind bikemods like VS0x, as long as the installed headlight is "E-approved". I guess that is some kind of EU approval thingy, and one should be able to tell by finding a quite visible letter "E" on the product, followed by a number which states in which country the product was approved.

I know that there are Europeans on the forum who have installed the VS-kits, so I thought I should ask before completing the transaction, if this was someting you took into consideration? And... are the headlights E-approved?

"Nevermind the DMV" does not cut it for me. If the headlight is not E-approved, I need to figure something else out.

(Have sent an e-mail to Vishnu as well, just thought double-checking with the forum wouldn't hurt :) )

Also; glad to see that the bike I bought has a dedicated forum like this one, looking forward to following you :)

rutty99

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum. Found it yesterday, when I was looking for some information about my "new" FZ6-S S2, and came over a very interesting thread regarding turning the S into N.

I have been in touch with Vishnu, and he is currently checking stock before sending me the PayPal details.

Meanwhile, I have been doing some checking on my own. I live in Norway, and the local DMV (suspect that's what the equivalent would be in English) has opinions on most things when it comes to vehicles. Still, they don't mind bikemods like VS0x, as long as the installed headlight is "E-approved". I guess that is some kind of EU approval thingy, and one should be able to tell by finding a quite visible letter "E" on the product, followed by a number which states in which country the product was approved.

I know that there are Europeans on the forum who have installed the VS-kits, so I thought I should ask before completing the transaction, if this was someting you took into consideration? And... are the headlights E-approved?

"Nevermind the DMV" does not cut it for me. If the headlight is not E-approved, I need to figure something else out.

(Have sent an e-mail to Vishnu as well, just thought double-checking with the forum wouldn't hurt :) )

Also; glad to see that the bike I bought has a dedicated forum like this one, looking forward to following you :)

I don't remember seeing an "E" on the product. It's not likely that this item has been approved by the EU considering that it was developed for the Asian market. Is your country really that anal about stuff like that?

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think it has E-Mark on the headlight lens but I think it has on the H4 Bulb... I have shipped quite a few to SPAIN, UK, ITALY and NORWAY. I will check with those guys to see if they ran into any problems...