Virginia State Law

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting to actually read this stuff: Virginia Motorcycle Safety Inspections

and this one: Virginia state motorcycle laws

I find it odd that turn signals are not required:confused: Also, no noise level restriction on exhaust:eyebrow:

Trying to find out if the headlight has to be on during the day. Kind of vague in this area....I will probably remove my switch anyway.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In thinking about it.....not sure that it really makes sense that you cannot have speakers in your helmet for music (which has volume control just like a car) but you can have speakers in automobiles that impede your hearing just as much (and in many cases - other peoples hearing:eek:). I'm not seeing what the difference is. :don'tknow:

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of VA's motorcycle laws don't make sense. Bikes wont pass inspection if you have aftermarket flushmount turn signals but it will pass with no turn signals at all. Doesn't make much sense to me.....

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of VA's motorcycle laws don't make sense. Bikes wont pass inspection if you have aftermarket flushmount turn signals but it will pass with no turn signals at all. Doesn't make much sense to me.....

Definitely weird....I was sure to mount my Watsen's with the stock bases to give me a little over the required 9 inches apart. It passes inspection.:steve: