Vibrations

Lekmek51

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2006 FZ6 vibrates through the seat at 5500 RPM and is noticeable in any gear & still does it when stationary if revved to 5500
Problem is most evident traveling at legal highway speeds which is usually around 5500 RPM in top gear
Has anyone encountered this problem or heard anything similar?
Bike purchased approx 6 months ago & has now done 8000K
Have spoken to local Yamaha dealer but so far has not come up with solution!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
mine does it at those rpm's also I think it may be the exhaust hitting under the seat but i'm not sure. You may want to do a once over of the bike with a torque wrench.

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of vibration? Mine feels like I'm on an electric shaver in a range of about 4k or so. Mostly up through the seat, a little at the bars. The tech said that's the way it is. Make sure your motor mounts are tight.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have owned 2 fz6s and they both vibrated. It is just the normal yamaha thing. Kind of like the transmissions. Yamahas are the only bikes i have ridden that have a real clunky shift. Every other brand i have ridden have a lot smoother shifting trans.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you kidding? That "tingly vibe" is why I bought the bike in the first place! :justkidding: Sorry.... so off-side. I just couldn't resist...:eek:
Good one Crystal,
No wonder your doing about a million mile road trip lol. Backon side, playon LMAO

Nelly