Vibrating handlebar blues and a much needed fix...

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Hi team,

I recently took a 2 hour 70mph plus trip and I had to try very very hard not to stop more than once to get rid of complete numbness in my clutch hand. I cover the clutch and loose on the bars. I have an fz1 bar and hv heavy barends.

What worked for people? Rizoma bars? Bar snake? Liquid bar snake with stock bars? Any good info will help because I am dreading doing that again...

Thanks!!

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I solved the vibration problem... by getting an FZ1.

But really... Filling the bar with a dense material could help (I believe sand or lead are common).

I also used grip puppies.

How padded are the gloves you're wearing? That will make a difference too.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I find that if I cover the brake or clutch levers, my hands want to go numb alot faster than usual. I would recommend trying not covering the clutch, and leaving your hand nice and relaxed when on long rides.

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
I used silicone caulk on my LSL bars...it helped a little. Heavier bar ends helped much more. (Although it seems like you're using HVMP bar ends, so there isn't much out there that is heavier)

The silicone caulk was a mess, and when I got new bar ends, I had to sit and scrape that stuff out each end of the handlebar so that there was enough room to insert the bar ends. It might be better to try the solid bar snake or filling with sand/lead as a reversible option.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site