Ventura Rack System

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the Ventura rack brackets and Pack-rack delivered. The instructions certainly aren't the best for installation. Has anyone installed this rack before that can offer some tips before I head in to the garage?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the Ventura rack brackets and Pack-rack delivered. The instructions certainly aren't the best for installation. Has anyone installed this rack before that can offer some tips before I head in to the garage?
Have you tried their website? Now and again manufacturers are kind enough to put instructions like that on there. Not always, but give it a go.

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
Rack is installed. Took about 45 minutes. I'm rather pleased with it. Its very sturdy and is well hidden/streamlined to the bike (hidden if you take the rack off and leave the brackets)

Last edited:

pugnacious33

Reaction score
Visit site
Good thread. I just installed mine, took about an hour and a half or so, but most of my time is spent looking for tools. :)

I agree it is very sturdy and it looks great. I only ordered the sports rack and L bracket, and I plan on getting some soft saddle bags. My hope was that the brackets would act as a good support for the saddlebags, keeping them from sagging inward when filled. I haven't tried yet, but it looks like they'll work great for that purpose.

I'll post some pics soon.

Last edited:

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I think the brackets will certainly help out with the saddlebags. I just ordered a 'sissy' bar bag that will slip right over the vertical rail and sit on the seat (or on the rack if I have a passeneger).
Makes for a nice easy setup.

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. I believe this is the route I'm going to go with my FZ. I like the versatility of this rack. (although... I won't install mine off-center) :p

Roboco

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for noticing that it was off center - good eye. This brings up the point of just how easy the rack is to adjust!! Next time I take pictures of a project I will wait until I adjust/tweak it before I post :thumbup:

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for noticing that it was off center - good eye. This brings up the point of just how easy the rack is to adjust!! Next time I take pictures of a project I will wait until I adjust/tweak it before I post :thumbup:

Is it easy to adjust? I was just bustin' your chops. Hope you didn't take offense. I build custom machines for a living. I can see a "five-thou" variance from across the room. It absolutely drives my wife crazy. You should have seen how upset she got when I installed our living room curtains. :D

Ryan76

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all - my first post! I've returned to riding after 20 years - just bought a 2005 FZ6S.
I've just been quoted $AUS350 for the Ventura rack and 35L bag, and $AUS420 for the 51L bag from a local Yamaha dealer. Any better ideas out there for Australian riders (I'm from Perth)? :aus:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like they only list this rack for up to 2008. Will it fit the 2009?

Hey mate - I got one in the mail from a bloke off eBay - who'd told me that they fit all years; an honest mistake on his part. The Ventura rack listed will NOT fit the S2 models (including your 09), but it can be made to fit (interrupted by helmet lock and thicker rear end stabilizing bars). You'll need a hacksaw, and some bracket material as well as some end caps though - I've just finished modding mine this afternoon - still have to sand and spray the lot of it. I didn't think about a step by step until just now, but could backtrack and redo if anyone was interested. A crap of a job without direction, I'll promise you that. Should look stock suave with that extra bit of work though - I'll only know after some etch primer and a bit of matt black paint though.