Ventura rack removal

insert

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

so yesterday i bought myself a used 2007 FZ6N, and it has the ventura rack installed. I am looking to take the rack off since i wont be needing it. However, i'm not exactly sure what to take off and where to start.

right now i see two mounting brackets by the passenger foot pegs, and there also seems to be some kind of hook that comes up under passenger seat.

does anyone have any experience with these? could someone post up a quick little "how to" to pull it off? or if someone could post up installation instructions, that would also be great.

normally i would just start pulling things off until i got to where i wanted, however my landlord was quite explicit in telling me that there is to be no working on vehicles in the parking garage. so, i just want to know exactly what i'm doing so i can get it done fast.

thanks

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Lift off the seat, take off two bolts that hold on side pods under seat. Pull side pods outwards. One bolt each SIDE to remove front of back section 'with tailight' and two above the light under the seat. Undo clip on left for taillight. Slide it off backward. Undo two brackets on subframe for l-brackets, and slide rack out of subframe above exhaust.

Sell to highest bidder :)

Less than a half hour first time, no worries. Need a (i think) 6mm Allen key and a 10mm socket. I think you don't need another socket.

insert

Reaction score
Visit site
pulled it off today. it was pretty easy, and my landlord didnt catch me. so all is well. i think the bike looks a lot cleaner without it, i prefer saddle bags instead of tail packs/cases.

now to sell it, anybody want a ventura rack from a 2007 fz6?

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
Lift off the seat, take off two bolts that hold on side pods under seat. Pull side pods outwards. One bolt each SIDE to remove front of back section 'with tailight' and two above the light under the seat. Undo clip on left for taillight. Slide it off backward. Undo two brackets on subframe for l-brackets, and slide rack out of subframe above exhaust.

Sell to highest bidder :)

Less than a half hour first time, no worries. Need a (i think) 6mm Allen key and a 10mm socket. I think you don't need another socket.

so there is a third bracket Ventura provides in addition to the L brackets?

Just got a ventura setup, but mine did not include the instructions....I emailed ventura asking for them the other day.

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
so there is a third bracket Ventura provides in addition to the L brackets?

Just got a ventura setup, but mine did not include the instructions....I emailed ventura asking for them the other day.

Ok so I figured it out, there were two plugs covering the round tubing of the bikes frame, got the rear part of the ventura rack in there but the front part, which I am assuming uses the upper rearward passenger footpeg bracket hole to mount is a good inch away...