Valencia MotoGP - riders quotes

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some really nice quotes here - love Rossi's comment about not overtaking his friend on points.

rossi — Valentino Rossi was disappointed after being knocked off his bike at the first corner. At the end of the race he showed the T-shirt he had to commemorate Simoncelli. "I wanted to wear it on the lap of honour, but unfortunately we didn't get there. The 2011 season is over and that is great news. When your luck is like this, there is not much you can do. I could have had a good race, but we were unlucky". He ended with a mention of the standings, where he is level on points with Simoncelli: "I have the same number of points as Marco - that's fantastic. I made sure I didn't get any points in the last two races, so I didn't overtake him. Hey, I couldn't do that, could I..."

dovi: mission accomplished — Andrea Dovizioso was delighted with his third place, which also confirmed his third place in the world championship standings: "To come here to Valencia for the last race of the season and race for third place in the World Championship against Dani was really difficult because he's always so fast here - said Dovizioso -. The only way to beat him was to adopt an intelligent strategy and I'm really pleased". Then he said goodbye to Honda, who he is leaving for Yamaha: "We have worked well together over the years. I am very sad to leave them, but my future lies with Yamaha. I'm really happy with my third place in the standings. I have a sedate riding style and character, and so the media don't take much of an interest in me, but I'm really happy. This is a really high level". At the end, he spontaneously came out with: "Bye Marco".

spies admits his mistake — Spies second, beaten right at the end by Stoner: “I wanted to win. I tried to accelerate as I came out of the corner, but perhaps I didn't get the line quite right and Stoner just beat me. I've had ups and downs throughout the season and so I have to try and be more consistent in 2012. But the last few days have been really hard. Marco's death was a massive blow to all of us and I'm happy with my race".

bautista to blame — Bautista caused the early crash, which rather affected the outcome of the race: “I'm really sorry about my fall at the first corner, but I couldn't do anything. The back of Dovizioso's bike slid a little as he accelerated and he clipped my front tyre. And I slid off and caught all the others. It was a shame to finish like that. 2012? There is a chance with Suzuki, who are continuing, or Honda. I'm about to decide…”.

hayden comes off — Hayden: “What bad luck. We could have had a good race with the tyres we had, but it didn't happen. Now we're concentrating on the tests for 2012

capirex's goodbye — Capirossi said goodbye in what was the last race of his career: "It was the most difficult race of the season for a whole series of reasons - he said -, starting with the fact that Marco is no longer with us and that was difficult to accept. But the time has come to say enough and I'm happy about that".

terol pays tribute — The 125cc World Champion, Nico Terol, who was overjoyed about winning the title ("A fantastic, very difficult year. I wanted to win, but it's always difficult to win a world championship. I'm really happy"), also paid tribute to Marco Simoncelli: "I would like to send my most heartfelt wishes to the family of Marco Simoncelli, who was a truly great rider and person".