Use your f**ing brakes, a**hole!

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
On my way to the doctor today (my finger's broken), I was waiting for the green light at an intersection. Sitting there in my own thoughts, my bike suddenly jumps forward 20 cm. Waddaya know: A guy in his 60's in a Jag actually ran into me from behind:spank: WTF???

Real men drive cars with stick shifts, automatic are for loosers. This one obviously was one. What the title says, that's what I told him.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Good thing he stoped eventually....unfortunately, people stopped caring about other people around them a long time ago

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
This won't make you a lot of friends in the US lol

so he's basically saying that I'm not a real man because my car is auto, more cars here in the US are leaning towards automatic or the weird new semi-auto thing. I've never driving stick but I'm not against it in anyway. How did swearing at the Jag driver work out for you? Next time something like this happens try a more subtle polite approach and see how what happens. I'm glad you're not hurt!

tnfrosty

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, since my truck is an automatic and he says I'm a looser...I'm gonna say ya should've been watching your mirrors :D

Glad you're ok though...be careful out there :thumbup:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site

Haha, I know;) The irony of all this, is that my current car has an automatic transmission (DSG). That's why I could make such a statement:thumbup:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
so he's basically saying that I'm not a real man because my car is auto, more cars here in the US are leaning towards automatic or the weird new semi-auto thing. I've never driving stick but I'm not against it in anyway. How did swearing at the Jag driver work out for you? Next time something like this happens try a more subtle polite approach and see how what happens. I'm glad you're not hurt!

See my previous post regarding auto^^

Polite? Damn... Obviously you've never experienced some jack a*s ramming you in the rear. My reaction was merely spontanious. You don't have time to fiddle about and think up a clever line just like that. What should I have said? "Oh, sorry my bike was rightfully in your way, waiting for the red light to go green. By all means, I really like having your bumper up my rear"?

No damage though. Thankfully, he only hit my rear tyre. I was worried he had hit my pipes, but his bonnet went under them...

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, glad you're okay bro and the bike isn't damaged. That's the important thing.

Personally, I'm the exception to most Americans... I love driving a manual transmission. Wavex I know would agree as he drives one of the best manual's around:thumbup:

On that note, I once had a lady driving stick take her foot off the gas and roll BACK into me at a red light, so it goes either way.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, glad you're okay bro and the bike isn't damaged. That's the important thing.

Personally, I'm the exception to most Americans... I love driving a manual transmission. Wavex I know would agree as he drives one of the best manual's around:thumbup:

On that note, I once had a lady driving stick take her foot off the gas and roll BACK into me at a red light, so it goes either way.

So... The obvious question now is: What does Wavex drive??

Dude, I experienced that a few years back too, on my scooter. A woman that should've had an auto turned the front fender into junk. You're right, it goes either way:spank:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob (rws81) sold me his Acura RSX Type S for a good deal :)

3512163270_f363850d6e_b.jpg

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I do miss that car, but glad someone I know is enjoying it and appreciates the driving experience as much as I did in it. Besides, it matches your bike.:thumbup:

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Rob (rws81) sold me his Acura RSX Type S for a good deal :)

We don't even have Acura's over here, but I guess that thing is closely related to the Honda Civic Type R, right?

Nice car you have there:thumbup:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I believe it's actually closer to the Integra than the Civic.. I could be wrong though.

CORRECT! that is the Integra everywhere but here.

My wife drives a VW Jetta GLI with a 6speed manual and I wish my Ram had a manual but you can't find a V-8 with a stick very often.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait...
He was driving a Jag, and you didn't cry out, "Whiplash!" ?????

Oh man, you missed out! :D :D :D

j/k, glad you're okay! :thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Won't make a lot of friends in Australia either.....

Manual or auto - makes no difference. A bad driver is a bad driver.

Glad you are ok Cap79.

As for real men drive stick..... That's not what makes a real man ;)

Last edited: