Upstate Mountains later this week?

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Me and a buddy or 2 are going to head up to the mountains either Friday or Saturday anyone interested in going? Which day? All levels welcome would be nice to have a decent group for a change. Probably going to run from 178/11 up 178 to 215 to Blue Ridge and back down 276 Ceaser's Head. :rockon:

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Just spoke to the wife. Couple Q for ya:

1- what kind of pace to do hold?

2- when are you going? I might need to get a sitter for a couple of hours...

If I can go, I'll meet you at 11 & 178. It is only about 15 minutes from my house.

#1 Really kinda depends on my mood and who I am with I can run hard or easy and enjoy the sights. I usually set my speed just a hair faster than person behind me as not to get to far away but leaving them plenty of room. I do stop often though to stretch and chat, on that loop usually at Rosman, pisgah then either brevard or past ceaser's head. If I get an itch to run hard I'll cut loose through a section then pause to let others catch back up if needed. As you can tell I normally end up leading as I am faster than those I usually ride with but am more than willing to let anyone else lead that wants to.

#2 I'm real flexible so if you want to go just let me know when you want to and we'll make it happen. I just want to be back to 11/178 by 6pm. My usual riding partner had a family member go in the hospital suddenly so don't know if he'll make it or not, I may be coming solo... Need to call him tonight and check in. Also going to touch base with the guy from Spartanburg with the blue '07 and see if he wants to join in.

Last edited:

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
BTW also talked to David(Hollow) from Spartanburg he said he has some things to do but going to try to do them tomorrow so he can go as well. :thumbup:

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
BTW also talked to David(Hollow) from Spartanburg he said he has some things to do but going to try to do them tomorrow so he can go as well. :thumbup:

Hey Hollywood. Ignore my PM. Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it. We'd have to leave to early today to try being back there by 6, and one of my sons has a piano recital tom. mid-afternoon. I think the wife and I are just going to try doing a quick ride to Saluda & back tonight instead.

Maybe next time :thumbup:

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
FYI:

From where I live, the 178-215-brp-276 loop is about 3 hours if you stop much.

Saluda & back is 2 hours max if you sit and take a break in Saluda (including a couple of backroads).

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok man well maybe next time. BTW I meant to tell you on the phone sorry I had assumed you were talking about riding Saturday not today. Had I realized, I could have made it atleast.....oh well lack of communication at it's finest....lol.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Ok man well maybe next time. BTW I meant to tell you on the phone sorry I had assumed you were talking about riding Saturday not today. Had I realized, I could have made it atleast.....oh well lack of communication at it's finest....lol.

No problem. We'll catch up. So how was the ride?

Check out my other post about my ride quick for an updated map and some notes :thumbup:

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
It was good weather was great...a little more car traffic than I'd like on 276 but not bad other than right there 215 and BRP were clear sailing. Great day overall took us a little longer than expected but we ended up stopping quite a bit plus had late lunch in Brevard. :thumbup:

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Even though this time has past just like to say I had a great time riding. Appreciate the invite Hollywood. I just wanted to let you all know if you plan a ride to meet up oneday please let me know. I would like to go and get to meet everyone and ride.