Unknown hose split

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you gentlemen!

So basically, it is just a rubber protective sleeve for the neutral wire, and if the neutral light still works, I don't have to do anything?

When I looked from the LHS and saw it, it was kinked a bit, so I straightened it out, and haven't seen it from the RHS, so maybe it did have a wire in there I just didn't see.

There is no sign of anything leaking.

When I wash my bike, however, the neutral light DOES stay on, slightly, until the bike has warmed up - and always has, so no doubt this is the culprit.

Either way, I don't have to worry too much giving my bike to my brother with what I thought was a split PCV valve hose!

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Rick

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
... So basically, it is just a rubber protective sleeve for the neutral wire, and if the neutral light still works, I don't have to do anything?

I would think you're good to go. If you can get some fingers in there and give the sleeve/hose a pinch to confirm, you'll be able to feel the wire. The sleeve is pretty soft. If it were an actual hose, it would have more heft to it and would be difficult to pinch shut with your fingers.