Unique or Cheesy

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
I have owned my FZ6 for about 3 months now, and as you may know I also own a 1980 SR500. The change of riding style, style of motorcycle and feeling of going from a "Thumper" to a sport tourer is just...ah ya know that feeling? I bought my bike for 2K...2k It's hard to imagine a bike with only 6K miles going for that...honestly with not an issue. I love it. Anyway, long story short, I bought a 2Bros. Alum exhaust...didn't see the point in spending 300 extra dollars for CF and I still LOVE it, and I got these Decals with the exhaust system. I really wanna put them on my bike but they are so small that they are cheesy almost. I found a good spot for 2 of them (mirrored) and of course I will not overload my bike like a 5th graders notebook with small insignificant logos. I am however looking to pull something off with my FZ6 much like (in theory) the XEROX Ducati. Just the way the decals are presented, not the actual decals themself. Boneman has his "Yamaha" sticker on his swingarm which I like, but I really wanna drift away from the clean "tank grip" look and travel off. Does anyone have advice? I suppose I could make my own decals, but even if I do that, I want them to support the style I am going for. Thanks for your input. Ride Harder, and Smarter.

Last edited:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got some stickers on my helmet, but not on the bike.

I talked to a guy at TBR who said you can buy the aluminum logos for the sides of your cans if you don't already have them. They attach with rivets. Very professional looking.

I think they look like this...

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
I put those pictures up finally. I added a supersproxx stealth sprocket 520 conversion with a gold rk chain. So...this is my bike for now, funny thing was I didn't really line up the decals with the most advanced of tools...in fact I really didn't use any but I do like the idea so far...more to come.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd vote cheesy, I like the clean look including removing the stickers on the swing arm. I think the Alum. cans look real sharp, that's a good looking bike.

But hey, I'm old and my opinion doesn't really matter as long as you like it :thumbup:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I think a bike should be as unique as its rider. So your cheesy, who cares as long as you like it. Nice cans :thumbup:

S

Shamus McFeeley

A well placed set of decals can look good on a bike. There is a fine line between good looking and totally over the top. Crazy as it sounds, decals can let you know a lot about a person and even their riding style. Dual sport guys treat the unused space on their bikes like a passport. Putting decals from places they have been to, and rides they have taken part of.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is totally up to what YOU want. I personally like the clean and stock look on bikes. However this one looks good with all the stickers. :thumbup:

Of course it was a factory replica of the bike Colin Edwards rode in the 2005 Valencia Moto GP so it should look this way.

R1121606002small.jpg

But it is what you like, who cares what others think.

Marc

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd hate to say it, but I'm with the cheesy bandwagon. I like the clean look. I spent HOURS taking all the stickers off my bike not too long after I got it.

Nice cans :thumbup:

There aren't many times someone can get away with saying that.

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
Even though I contradict seemingly everyone in this posts personal opinion (funny enough), you're all supportive of it. Obviously everyone likes the clean look...I don't have a distaste for the clean look but it seems to be rampant in the world of modification. I appreciate the inputs, I've never seen an FZ6 like mine so far, I like it...I may have been overzealous with the decals but I hold no remorse. Cleverly enough, they are relatively hidden by my legs when I am riding. Anyway, I'll have to keep everyone here posted on the bike. I love the bike..."I think we'll ****in keep it."

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
HI! Grim
I'm one from the old school , they hadn't even invented stickers yet:thumbup:
but this thread made me think about a tv commercial 2 or 3 years ago about going to the moon.
You see they went there and didn't find any cheese so they never went back.LOL
Now I know this could be a stretch buuuut!!!:rolleyes:
Maybe if they had put more stickers on our fz6 they would have been more popular.:cheer:
It seem to work for the fz6r its got big old stickers all over it.:eek: