Two Brothers and racks?

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Do I need to do anything special to mount the Givi V35 top and sides with my TB? I'm looking at the PLX360 for the sides, and I'm not sure for the top because of the tb. The bike is a 07 red.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing special. Regular kit will work. It may require very slight improvisation here and there, but I know people have mounted this combination without too much trouble.
I had Leo / Givi combo, so I can't give you exact details.. I just know it can be done :thumbup:

There is definitely no other Givi kit though.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing special. Regular kit will work. It may require very slight improvisation here and there, but I know people have mounted this combination without too much trouble.
I had Leo / Givi combo, so I can't give you exact details.. I just know it can be done :thumbup:

There is definitely no other Givi kit though.

That's good to know, because it was deal breaker for me.

07fz6rider

Reaction score
Visit site

As pointed out in the link that Erci posted and speaking from experience... Givi racks will NOT work with TB pipes without significant modification for a couple of reasons:
1.) the Givi racks attach to a bracket on the stock exhaust that is lost in the TB install
2.) The mounting bands for the TB pipes sit right where the Givi support brackets wrap around the pipes making the pipes too wide for a proper fit therefore the bracket will rub against your pipes.

Long story short... It's doable but be prepared to be creative with a heating torch and/or a grinder to make it work.

I can post some pics of what I did if you're interested.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As pointed out in the link that Erci posted and speaking from experience... Givi racks will NOT work with TB pipes without significant modification for a couple of reasons:
1.) the Givi racks attach to a bracket on the stock exhaust that is lost in the TB install
2.) The mounting bands for the TB pipes sit right where the Givi support brackets wrap around the pipes making the pipes too wide for a proper fit therefore the bracket will rub against your pipes.

Long story short... It's doable but be prepared to be creative with a heating torch and/or a grinder to make it work.

I can post some pics of what I did if you're interested.

Wow.. torch and grinder?? I only needed different set of washers to make Givi rack work with Leos :(

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
Works fine, you may have to make your own mount under the mufflers for the givi racks, easily done with some ready rod and lock nuts, just like the pics above in this thread.

400502_10151016372906576_184028121_n.jpg