two bros aluminum?

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
so the group price is roughly 140 less for alum cans than ss or cf...I really can't justify $750 plus shipping to myself or girl, but $610 is much more acceptable (I'm a broke college kid)... What is so wrong with the aluminum cans? Weight I'm sure but seriously a 10 pound or so difference (if that) would equate to me with 4 gal of fuel as opposed to 5...what is it about the aluminum that nobody likes? I actuAlly like the look :) ...maybe someone has a horror storyabout alum?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with you, I like the alum cans, (got the alum Leo's myself).

I think the Carbon Fibre looks really good too, but not $140 better looking. Yeah, they maybe a little bit lighter, but not that much that you would notice it.

I'd say, Go with the Alum 2 Bros, you won't be disappointed.

:)

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I think on the group buy you cant get the aluminium because there is not enough demand. Carbon just looks better to more people, I think. I considered getting the aluminium and painting it black to match everything else on my bike, but decided to go with the carbon. I'm ordering them this week so I can't wait!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, i dont think there is anything wrong with the Aliminium, it's just that most are hapy to pay the extra dollars for the bling factor of carbon, or the weight saving, and "unobtainium" value of titanium.

Am sure that the Aluminium TB's will be just as awesome as the others, it's just that people like the bling.

In Australia, most guys get Leo Vince's, as they are easier to get, and most of these guys get the Aluminium Leo's as they are a lot cheaper than the Carbon & Titanium Leo's in OZ.

:thumbup:

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
I think on the group buy you cant get the aluminium because there is not enough demand. Carbon just looks better to more people, I think. I considered getting the aluminium and painting it black to match everything else on my bike, but decided to go with the carbon. I'm ordering them this week so I can't wait!!

Pricing for alum is listed on the sticky...are they not available?

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same ones as Stumbles,its his fault I bought 'em actually :Flip:

They are a great looking and sounding pipe and Wolfman is right,money is a big consideration over here and Alum's a very popular.I had a carbon pipe on my CBR and my only beef with it was that it went yellow after a while.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im running Stainless Micron's on my baby and i couldnt b happier :D , i did look at the carbons but the guy at the Yamaha dealer talked me out of it coz they discolour and become brittle inside and break up..... Good luck

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got any pics of the microns there mate ?

Edit:Just looked at your profile,doh !
They look great , but what the hell is that big pink thing ,lol.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same ones as Stumbles,its his fault I bought 'em actually :Flip:

They are a great looking and sounding pipe and Wolfman is right,money is a big consideration over here and Alum's a very popular.I had a carbon pipe on my CBR and my only beef with it was that it went yellow after a while.

Have heard lots of reports of Carbon Cans going yellow, that's why i went the Titanium, i think the Carbon would of suited my bike better, and in retrospect, i would of been happy with the Aluminium, apart from obvious weight saving that goes with Titanium, the look is very much the same as the Aluminium, all of the TB's have the Magnesium end caps, which IMHO give them a great finish.

The sound without the P1 Db killers is awesome! not too bad with Db killers in, but without, it's like something outta mad max, or a refugee straight from the nearest racetrack!

I love it!

:thumbup:

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the alum and LOVE them, personally i dont like carbon, i like my shiny cans, They are LOUD and sound AMAZING you wouldnt b disappointed with the alum

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its all about the finish.....After a season or two the aluminum cans look like poop...ALOT harder to keep clean...I saw a set of aluminum cans that a guy was selling on SBN that were only 2 seasons old and they looked terrible..marked up.....Weathered is the word im looking for..made up my mind to spend the extra on the Ti's after seeing that

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
... i did look at the carbons but the guy at the Yamaha dealer talked me out of it coz they discolour and become brittle inside and break up.....

I'm interested in the look of the carbons, but i need something that will last..

any pics of this so-called "yellowing?" i think i've seen that before on some exhausts, but that could have been the resin they used turning yellow from being in the sun...

also, what about the "weathering?"

i wanna buy the two brothers, and this will definitely help my decision.

:needpics:

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
Its all about the finish.....After a season or two the aluminum cans look like poop...ALOT harder to keep clean...I saw a set of aluminum cans that a guy was selling on SBN that were only 2 seasons old and they looked terrible..marked up.....Weathered is the word im looking for..made up my mind to spend the extra on the Ti's after seeing that

aluminum cleans up super nice with " eagle one wadding cloth" ...you would be suprised how many people have never tried it! I use it on all the shiny bits about once a month

GTHappy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been having this same debate. Is it worth it for the carbon fiber or titanium, or just go with the aluminum. I'm not opposed, but not really wanting the carbon fiber look.
Right now, I'm debating hard between the Leo Vince and the Two Brothers, assuming I can get the price mentioned in the group buy sticky.
So many things I want to do, so little time and money.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the alum and LOVE them, personally i dont like carbon, i like my shiny cans, They are LOUD and sound AMAZING you wouldnt b disappointed with the alum

+1. I've got the Alums and love'em as well. I wanted to go with the Carbons but was worried about the yellowing over time, plus I was all about saving a few bucks, and I'm super happy with them.

IMAG0046.jpg

(sorry about the quality, it was taken from my phone)

Abnatare

04 FZ6 Blue with 2bros
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the alum 2Bros and love them. Can't decide if I should or shouldn't get the P1 dB Killers or not. Have had conflicting reports from this site so am on the fence. 2Bros says a 2-3 dB reduction but I have no idea how big a difference 2-3dBs are. Some members on this site said it made no difference.

So back to your original question. I love the Alum and the weight diff is not that important to me.

If availability is an issue from the group buy, go to 58cycle Parts & Accessories Webstore . They sell the Alum for $688 which includes shipping costs.

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the alum 2Bros and love them. Can't decide if I should or shouldn't get the P1 dB Killers or not. Have had conflicting reports from this site so am on the fence. 2Bros says a 2-3 dB reduction but I have no idea how big a difference 2-3dBs are. Some members on this site said it made no difference.

So back to your original question. I love the Alum and the weight diff is not that important to me.

If availability is an issue from the group buy, go to 58cycle Parts & Accessories Webstore . They sell the Alum for $688 which includes shipping costs.

it says call for better price, is that how you paid $688? how long did it take to receive them once ordered? thanks for the link, BIG HELP!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Dont' bother or waste your money on the P1 db killers. Every review I've read all say they do jack squat! Not to mention that the TB cans are LOUD and a 2-3db reduction would probably not even be noticable.

Another forum member has a possible solution that not only can help reduce the db output, but also helps save the finish of your Carbon Fibre cans.

You need to re-pack each can with more muffler packing material. Apparantly TB packs them very loose from the factory. If you re-pack them and add significantly more packing material, it drastically reduces the db output. I will be trying this 'mod' in the next few months and will post up the results/findings.

Re-packing is also recommended by TB as a way to help keep the 'finish' of the carbon fibre and is suggested as regular maintenance. If you don't re-pack the CF cans, then over time the packing material will break down and allow more heat to escape to the CF warp.

I have the TB CF cans and they were worth the extra $$ IMHO!

DSCF3826.JPG

Last edited: