Question TRYING to solve the snatchy throttle

Lukenzo

Reaction score
Visit site
read this thread, but basically adding some diodes and resistors across tps sensor, moving tps signal up in rpm, so fuel cut would happen later (I think)? As people pointed it helps (kinda) but really not a whole lot. And from my experience with engines I think it can make low rpm driving worse. Also as Ivan noted in that thread it does not remove the core problem just eases simptoms.

Lukenzo

Reaction score
Visit site
Also also I contacted my local tuner and he stated that only tuning out the fuel cut will solve this issue. 300-500eur. range...

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Lukenzo! Not gonna lie I'm not sure if I want to spend that kind of money on an FZ6 since they're going really cheap where I'm at. Going to discuss this again with my mechanic friends see if they figure anything out.

Morelius

Reaction score
Visit site
read this thread, but basically adding some diodes and resistors across tps sensor, moving tps signal up in rpm, so fuel cut would happen later (I think)? As people pointed it helps (kinda) but really not a whole lot. And from my experience with engines I think it can make low rpm driving worse. Also as Ivan noted in that thread it does not remove the core problem just eases simptoms.
Not a whole lot? Reading posts #105 and #110 seems worthy to give it a try. If i can get rid of, let's say, 50% of the snatchiness for 2 bucks i'll be happy enough.

I have it prepared, just need to find a day to install it and try.

Lukenzo

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a whole lot? Reading posts #105 and #110 seems worthy to give it a try. If i can get rid of, let's say, 50% of the snatchiness for 2 bucks i'll be happy enough.

I hope you're right. I'll wait for an update ;)

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site

Hey I would really appreciate if you record it! If it's easy for you I would love to see step by step how to do it and give it a try! Thanks!

Morelius

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried after 140 km of pure twisties. The mod works well. Have to say it's not the final solution but for me it's good enough. No more throttle snatch form 3rd gear up and a better throttle response in 2nd. It's not smooth as butter but its a much more tamed snatch. For 3 bucks it costs it's a no brainer mod.

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried after 140 km of pure twisties. The mod works well. Have to say it's not the final solution but for me it's good enough. No more throttle snatch form 3rd gear up and a better throttle response in 2nd. It's not smooth as butter but its a much more tamed snatch. For 3 bucks it costs it's a no brainer mod.
Love to hear that! I'll text again once I finish work! This got me hyped up!!

Morelius

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is how to do the Zady5 mod adapted to the fz6 wiring. First locate the IMAP sensor. Under the tank and right side of the bike:

photo_2024-05-13_19-01-04.jpg

You will need x4 1N4007 diodes. welded in serial conection and a pair of denso type conectors. model 174359 and 174357. Should like something like these:

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-13 190407.jpg Captura de pantalla 2024-05-13 190557.jpg

Then follow the diagram and assemble. It's in spanish but you can translate it ;)

photo_2024-05-13_19-01-00.jpg

You should end with something like this:

photo_2024-05-13_19-01-07.jpg

Disconect the original harness and put that shit in between.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Lukenzo

Reaction score
Visit site
I also tried Zady5 mod, and it helps, like Morelius mentioned it's not 100 percent, but I've been driving for a week or so (+-1000km) and even my girl noticed a difference. My s2 is more pleasant to drive, and smoother in those fast corners. It will do for now.

Also, it does have 02 sensor.