trying to move

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys im trying to mmove to dallas \, austin or san antonio. im 23 years old never been down there. any usefull info about there???? weather, roads to ride in, places cheaper, anything you got. comparison from california to texas???

thanks peeps

:welcome::thumbup:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I will ask the obvious question.

You have never been there and don`t know anything about those places....why are you going???

Steve

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I love dallas i live an hour away, and my uncle lives there, so im there quite often, the whole metroplex is pretty nice! sorry i dont have alot of info as far as cheap living or best roads to ride

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys im trying to mmove to dallas \, austin or san antonio. im 23 years old never been down there. any usefull info about there???? weather, roads to ride in, places cheaper, anything you got. comparison from california to texas???

thanks peeps

:welcome::thumbup:

You speak spanish? San Antonio has a huge hispanic population. The entire state of Texas does as well, but demographically, San Antonio is greater than the other two cities. The gulf coast is not too far from San Antonio either. Did you know San Antonio is like the 7th largest city in the U.S. population wise? The city is kind of touristy.

Probably the biggest difference you will feel is the humidtiy during the summer months. Unless you've expereinced the south during the summer, I suggest you expereince it before you commit.

Dallas and Austin, are land locked cities, so you might miss the water. I've been to most cities in Texas and I really enjoy Dallas. It does get very cold during the winter. But offers just about every big city has to offer. Austin, is kind of in between. It's home to the University of Texas, so it's not only a major city, but a college city as well. An it's not too far from San Anotonio either.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Your gonna do the opposite of what I (19) did! I moved from BFE, Illinois to San Diego. I just packed up and left, not really any plan in mind, just to ride bikes.

Tips: Work your a$$ off to get a job, right away. should be a given, but youd be surprised. Dont drive straight!!!! You will never ever want to drive again....

Good tip on the humidity. In So Ill, the summers would be ridiculous. 90 out and humid after a bad storm, you better be naked playing in hose or swimming will do.