Trust Your Instincts

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
All, trust the gut feeling you have. I had noticed on my last ride that things were not sounding right with my chain. I opted to cut my ride extremely short and take the opportunity to look things over. Well, I noticed the chain had a kink or two in it. I had heard a little noise on the previous ride, thought it was due to chain slack and figured I would tighten it. Yes, the chain was loose (out of spec) and even a tightening would not fix it.

When it was all said and done, a new chain (checked the sprockets, still good) was in order. I ended up getting a DID X-ring chain installed. Running like a lean mean machine once again.

Hey, if you thing something does not feel right, sound right, or look right, take the time to check it out.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was a good call on your part! Ive seen a few cases destroyed because a chain snapped.

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good advice. My chain was making all kinds of noise while pushing the bike backwards. I figured something was not right. Sure enough chain and sprockets were worn out. It's great with new chain and sprockets. Much better. Thanks for the reminder. We should always do a once over prior to any ride. Check tire pressures, hoses for cracks, tires for cracks or nails. Safety should be #1.