TRON Wheels

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out what one of the guys from our local motorcycle forum did to his R1. A bit of a TRON fan. He even has the suit:eek:

(about 2 mins in gets you to night time)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-6QBuFoesw&feature=player_embedded]RHOK Tron Rim Lights Test - YouTube[/ame]

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
He did a nice job on those lights! As a plus it has to make him a little easier to notice from the side at night.

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like he might selling a kit too eventually, that would be awesome.

I need that and some speakers to play the soundtrack. A suit would be nice too haha.

Very cool

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a little surfing and found a site that sells them and has a FAQS and How To Install PDF file.

The company is called Raw Design

Wheel Lighting Kits

And legal wise. As far as I know (in Maryland) you can't have a blue light on your vehicle that produces it's own light. A white or red should be pretty safe.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG! Well, he certainly will be seen at night! I do like them, but are they actually legal??

I wonder if you had them in orange if it'd be ok... all those orange lights trucks have down the sides of them seem to be ok by the cops.

Have seen utes/4wd's with those on and not have any issues.

Colour is generally the biggest issue we face in Au... but then this is so different I'm not sure how most cops would react... legal or not legal!

There's an interesting project for bike lights somewhere... which i thought could be applied to motorcycles... let me dig up a link... *wanders off*

*wanders back* Ah yes... revolights. join the revolution. by Kent, Adam & Jim — Kickstarter looks like an awesome idea for visibility... looks quite interesting too.

This whole thing reminds me of neons under cars in australia... and they're only legal when the car is stopped and actually parked somewhere ... if i recall correctly? Altho with car neons, people tended to use crazy colours.

Last edited:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG! Well, he certainly will be seen at night! I do like them, but are they actually legal??

Spoil sport:(

Probably wouldn't do it myself, due to that. But it does look cool. I don't know if he actually rides his bike a lot, but every part of it has been blinged to the max!

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Soooo... do you have a link to show how he did it, or know if he's making kits? I'm interested.

He did say he will produce a kit to sell shortly. I'll try to remember to post up when he does. He's a guy on his own manufacturing/importing helmets/gloves/jeans, all sorts of stuff for bikes.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He did say he will produce a kit to sell shortly. I'll try to remember to post up when he does. He's a guy on his own manufacturing/importing helmets/gloves/jeans, all sorts of stuff for bikes.

I'd certainly put an orange/amber set on - best colour you could get to not annoy cops.

Definitely post if you hear anything about him selling a kit... on one hand I'm converting my bike to black... on the other I should still be thinking about visibility tho, it's not fun being hit by a car.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also very keen on getting info when he sells the kit...
Especially the pricing range from $100 - $150 seems crazy!!

Grtz,

Degake

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:

Takamii said:
Re: RHOK Lightcycle R1

yes the news is I am just awaiting the arrival of the various components that make up the kits

should hit the open market sometime in late February
Source: RHOK Lightcycle R1 - Page 4

Cannot recall if this was mentioned or not already in this thread but there's an interesting read: [ACT] Lightcycle v Police - Netrider Forums

Basically his run ins with cops regarding the lights on the wheels...

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These are now available... seems they're not led's but are now in fact some sort of glow strip that's charged by a light of some description on your forks/swingarm. Means less wiring... also means less illumination. Easier to install and probably more legal in other areas.

There's video info and how to order on this page: Netrider Forums

He ships his other gear overseas... so I'd imagine anyone could order... I'm really tempted to get some... but need to finish my R6/848 mods before I do so.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered myself a set of these in orange (apparently red look like crap so they wont make them in that colour) ... Will post up some video and such when I get it installed. Should have a set by Wednesday and installed probably thursday.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My kit arrived next day... but I wont be able to go pick it up till sunday... I shipped it to the wrong address... haha. I'm a shocker some days! Next post I do will have pics, I swear :p

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, I could get away with a set of orange mounted on my bike. If only it wasn't 4000 miles away.