Trailer tow or make the 4 hour ride?

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is a wheel lock necessary do you think? it's going to be a very close fit having the bike inside the trailer so there really isnt much, if any, room for it it to move back and forth. my main concern is keeping the bike securely upright thorughout the trip in the more likely chance that I do trailer it.

A wheel chock will keep the front tire from sliding out when you hit a bump. Its just more reassurance that the bike will stay upright.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds so much easier just to get on the bike and ride, ride, ride....i dont ever need an excuse to get on my bike, that's what it's there for! No brainer for me!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Agreed! Long stints in the saddle, are a great way to sharpen your riding skills.

Agreed! I just did 250 miles in the pouring rain last weekend because I felt I needed the practice.

By the way - for all you Americans - at least 20 miles of that was lane-splitting at about 40 mph in fairly heavy rain. :eek: :eek: Nothing like that to focus your attention. :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed! I just did 250 miles in the pouring rain last weekend because I felt I needed the practice.

By the way - for all you Americans - at least 20 miles of that was lane-splitting at about 40 mph in fairly heavy rain. :eek: :eek: Nothing like that to focus your attention. :)

Especially when crazy cagers see you coming, and decide to move over into your path, just enough to keep you on your toes...i put that stuff down to jealousy!

If you do decide to ride, make sure you have had heaps of sleep, and are wearing as much decent gear as possible...i know a few of us harp on this, but hey, there aint no substitute. :Flash: