Track day at Laguna Seca

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This video was shot from my car during the last session I participated in at Laguna Seca yesterday. The white M3 I wind up tailing was one of the instructors in her personal car. She was much faster through the corners so after a little bit I figured it would be good enough to just stick with her and I also tried to pick up on her line.

In two other sessions I passed a guy in his Ferrari 599! :BLAA:

Track day at Laguna Seca 3OCT13 - YouTube

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was sweet! Are you in a 911? Man that M was moving nicely through the turns!! :thumbup:

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, a 2003 Turbo.

Oh yea, she was flying through those corners! It didn't take long for me to realize that even if I did manage to get by, she would be all over me. There were a few E36 M3s out there that were really good on the track. Unfortunately, one of them put two tires off in the dirt and wound up spinning out and hitting a tire wall. Luckily the driver was fine, but the right side of his car was pretty mangled.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are the cars covered when it comes to track days? I know bikes are.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's some cell phone pics I took between sessions.

I6cryxB.jpg

daGUMfN.jpg

VU1bkCR.jpg

NZtXSfX.jpg

l60hbPk.jpg

MSMugBT.jpg

MG8dRjM.jpg

sadyjg3.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Insurance wise? I don't think so. Pretty sure racing also voids BMW warranties if not every other makes.

Key word there is "racing". This wasn't a race, this was just a track day, right?

Bikes are not covered either if you're racing (some insurance companies may say if you're being timed). Track day is skills improvement.. I would hope same would apply to cars.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh ok, I gotcha. Yea, this was a track day, not a race. There may have been a few battles though.

I honestly don't know if they cover it then; not really sure if companies differentiate the two either.

My track vehicle was also my ride home, so I had my fingers crossed that nothing would happen. :D

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, and I figured out what is up with that GT3(?) exhaust in the second pic. There was a sound booth taking readings and the event had a 90db limit. The equipment taking the readings was on the ride side of the track so a few of the higher end Porsches had exhausts that extended out to the other side. :D

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Great Pics!! I rode down to Laguna Seca last weekend to take in World Superbikes. I miss your weather already, lol. Took in Hwy 128 and the road from Leggett to the coast...the name of the road eludes me right now but both roads are absolutely fantastic!!! Anyway,sorry for hijacking your thread...just had to share.