torque hunt

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have any comments on purchasing a torque wrench.....good brands, good prices, don't worry about brand and buy cheapest one out there, dorry worry about cost buy the best brand, etc.

oil change in T-600 mi.

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have any comments on purchasing a torque wrench.....good brands, good prices, don't worry about brand and buy cheapest one out there, dorry worry about cost buy the best brand, etc.

oil change in T-600 mi.

:welcome:
I use a Craftsman (Sears) for small jobs and a larger Husky (home Depot) for heavier torque jobs. Both have never failed me...:thumbup:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
it's just a measurement. you can convert nm into ft. lbs. into inch lbs. and so on.

You can't go wrong with a craftsman. it will get the job done. i used them for a long time. remember to get the right wrench for the job. I'd recommend a 3/8 and a 1/2 if you aren't familiar with wrenching. especially cause most things on the bike are smaller and torqued into aluminum. there are WAY too many people breaking oil pans too. It's almost a FZ6- FORUM epidemic :)

if the price does not matter you can get a snap on digital one. but those are about 500 bucks a pop. luckily that's what i get to use at the shop. they work flawlessly.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
There are at least two threads going around about stripped/split oil pans because of over-torquing drain bolts.

People: It's just a drain bolt! SNUG it down, by hand (with a standard wrench/ratchet), and it'll be fine until you need to remove it in 4000 miles. There's no need to torque it.