TomTom GO 720 mounted.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a few pics of my TomTom GO 720 installed on my FZ6 using a RAM mount (finally...I've been putting it off for a couple of months). I also installed a Power Outlet in the left inner fairing. It's a marine power outlet socket that has a nice waterproof flap when not in use. I took the power directly from the +ve terminal of the battery and put a 10 amp fuse in the live feed to the power outlet.
I also wrapped some electrical tape around the handlebars where the RAM mount clamps on to protect the surface of the bars. I turned the RAM mount leg sideways so the TomTom is directly in the centre of the bars. I think it will also help to absorb vibration and shock to the GPS.

GPS1.jpg

GPS2.jpg

GPS3.jpg

GPS5.jpg

I also installed another power wire to the "hole" under the seat to use for a heated vest or whatever. I will eventually install another power outlet like the one above in that location:-

GPS4.jpg

D

Deleted member 2349

very nice...i would love to see a how to...on adding the lighter outlet. Where did you tie into the power? (could you snap a few pics). What kind of outlet did you use? Just any marine kind?. Great job again.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks!
It really is quite simple to wire a power outlet. I took a spare power cable that I had, connected one wire to the positive side of the battery, and the other wire to the negative side of the battery. I put a 10 amp fuse into the positive (or "live" wire) as close to the battery terminal as possible. I then fed the cable out through the front of the frame, across to the inner fairing, and connected it to the power outlet's two connectors using two female spade connectors. That's it.
The power outlet itself requires a 1 1/8" hole in the inner fairing and is secured with a large nut that tightens on the body of the outlet from underneath.
The outlet itself is a "Sea Dog Line" Deluxe Power Socket With Plug And Cap, part number 426116-1. It's Made in USA so you should be able to find one in any Marine or Boat accessory store. They have a website: Sea-Dog : Quality Marine, Industrial and Rigging Hardware:
Where else would you go for waterproof electical equipment than a boat store? :D
Here's the outlet: http://www.sea-dog.com/PDF/426115.pdf

Last edited: