Tomorrow's Goals

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So Im getting up and firing up the propane heaters and running the furnace to work on the fz6. I have couple main goals tomorrow, change both my sprockets and chain (520 conversion), and replace stock bar with drag bar. After that I have the brackets Wavex linked for me for my speedo im going to mount on my drag bar. Then I got o place an order for a speedo healer, not really a big deal for me considering my bike has like 29,000k miles on it, I usually flow with cars anyway.

2 weeks from now my belly pan (yamaha's cowl) will be in, and probably 3-5 weeks k4,(I will need to paint it silver), will be in,

Thankfully I made a deal with a friend to help me wire my speedo and my new headlight. Thanks! You know who you are and I know your reading this!

Frame slider will also be in this week too.

Possibly thinking about getting a tank pad, any opinions?

BEFORE
IMG_0687.jpg

AFTER
question.jpg

I will post outcome picture probably 30-45 days, cause of shipping delays, and painting:Sport:

BEGONE EVIL WEATHER! this 15 degree crap has to stop:spank:

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike already looks great.

Tank pad - good quality carbon fiber would look nice on your bike. Or a good quality clear one - that's what I have.

Good luck with your mods

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 to clear pad... keep the clean look :)

You may also want to try -1 front sprocket only to start with... and see how it feels before throwing the +2 rear as well... imo, -1/+2 is a bit much for the FZ6 for street use (too buzzy @ freeway speeds).

All silver, with the kmp K4 will look SICK!!!!! I would do without the speedohealer AND spend that money on a KOSO speedo, tucked between the top triple and kmp fairing... :D

Either way I can't wait to see it. Good luck.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You may also want to try -1 front sprocket only to start with... and see how it feels before throwing the +2 rear as well... imo, -1/+2 is a bit much for the FZ6 for street use (too buzzy @ freeway speeds).

All silver, with the kmp K4 will look SICK!!!!! I would do without the speedohealer AND spend that money on a KOSO speedo, tucked between the top triple and kmp fairing... :D

everything will be silver except for the engine, i painted it black, but i think you saw that in the other thread, the belly pan will be silver too, Im pretty excited the day ill be done with it

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
You gotta get rid of some of those Yamaha decals! :spank: Too much. They're not paying you to advertise you know! DEFINITELY at least one of the ones on the lower fairing! :rolleyes:

Maybe mirror block-off plates to cover the mount points from where the stock mirrors were. Other than that, there's not much more you can do! Well done. :thumbup: Also, I'm totally jealous of your seat cowl, don't like mine any more. :(

Maybe some black/silver reflective rim stripes and getting rid of the side reflectors and the horrible orange sticker on the fork? Not really a proper mod, but it would clean up the look a bit!

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
You sold that whole lower fairings right? so no decals to worry about.

Hey, is that a double bubble screen? would it be better (less wind) than the racing screen (I have a Piug Racing screen)?

Propane heaters in a garage to work on the bike -- sounds nice.

I hope the mod'ing goes well.

Dennis

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You sold that whole lower fairings right? so no decals to worry about.

Hey, is that a double bubble screen? would it be better (less wind) than the racing screen (I have a Piug Racing screen)?

Propane heaters in a garage to work on the bike -- sounds nice.

I hope the mod'ing goes well.

Dennis

correct decals are gone except on the swing arm

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Your "before" pic looks better than some "after" pics. That is one sharp looking bike.:thumbup:

zixxerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you like the bar end mirrors?

The stock ones look kind of ugly but after so many bikes with only a single fuzzy image of the rear ( that constantly needed adjustment due to weak adjusters) I really have become attached to dual mirrors with crystal clear images.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

ordered clear tank pad, keeping the clean look, be in a week or so, thanks guys