tires? help me pick!!!!!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so here are some pics of the new rubber and a couple pics of mine with about 4.5k on them

DSC09373.jpg

DSC09374.jpg

DSC09387.jpg

DSC09388.jpg

DSC09377.jpg

DSC09380.jpg

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Bigdog9191999: Nice looking yard! Back to subject, I'm still rollling on my stock BT020's with about 10.5 K miles. They are squared off in the center..oh well. They still have good tread though.

Duhs10

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking at continental tires... the ContiForce. Conti SportAttacks, and the Conti RoadAttaks. No one has said anything about these tires, but ive read some reviews online that said they out perform the michelins and pirellis... Any info on the continentals??

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm doing the same thing right now, trying to decide on the next kind to get. I'm on the second set since new, which have been wonderful.. metzeler Z6's, which are still in good enough shape but are starting to square and get close to "done" in the center. But I got 13,500 miles out of them so far, so I'm extremely tempted to buy exactly the same again.

But am I wasting an opportunity to try something new? I hate to just go for the same tires again and not get first-hand experience of something else.

Pertinent facts:
- I commute 5 days a week, 8 months a year, a mixture of some short straights at 80 and a lot more curves at 45. No track days, just a good long Vermont weekend a few times every summer.
- I'm not super-aggressive, but I can toss it around when I feel like it.
- I would be disappointed if I only got 6-8k on a set. The stock Bridgestones went 9.5k, and as I said, these have gone 13.5 so far, so I'd like to at least get 10k again. When you ride 60 miles everyday and need it for commuting (no car to fall back on) it's nice to get more life per shot. - Installed tires in and around Boston seem to be much pricier than what some of you guys can find... these Z6's were $400 installed last year and that was the best I could find.

So far it sounds like it's more of the same, or maybe the diablo stradas...?