Time to say goodbye

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
Well everyone, last night I had to say goodbye to my beloved FZ6. It was a bittersweet moment, as at the same time I took possession of my current bike :D a lovely FASTER blue R6.

I want to thank all of you for helping me out when I had questions regarding the FZ6, you're a helpful bunch. Unfortunately, the R6 forum doesn't seem to be populated with the same kind of people as this one. And it's with great pleasure that I am NOT announcing my departure from FZ6-Forum.com :D :cheer::cheer::Flash::cheer::cheer:

hehehe... ok ok i'm overdramatising a bit. Have a great day guys.
Oh and i'll post some pics soon.

Last edited:

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
well... i did put 6200km on the FZ before selling it. That's more than most riders put in a year.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, fair enough. ;)

So what do you think of the new bike so far? It is that much faster than the FZ?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well everyone, last night I had to say goodbye to my beloved FZ6. It was a bittersweet moment, as at the same time I took possession of my current bike :D a lovely FASTER blue R6.

I want to thank all of you for helping me out when I had questions regarding the FZ6, you're a helpful bunch. Unfortunately, the R6 forum doesn't seem to be populated with the same kind of people as this one. And it's with great pleasure that I am NOT announcing my departure from FZ6-Forum.com :D :cheer::cheer::Flash::cheer::cheer:

hehehe... ok ok i'm overdramatising a bit. Have a great day guys.
Oh and i'll post some pics soon.
No worries mate,
I am glad your not leaving the forum as I enjoy your posts. You, poorboy, J, Elm and Jonac are in an exclusive club of four riders who participate but don't have the FZ6 as their main ride (if I have missed anyone sorry).
Post some pictures and welcome to the pseudo FZ6 wannabes lol.

Nelly

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, fair enough. ;)

So what do you think of the new bike so far? It is that much faster than the FZ?

The bike is much lighter, so it's a lot more nimble and accelerates faster. I would say the bike feels about 20% more powerful (even if it's not). There is also the matter of the -1 in the front, which adds to the effect.

All in all it's a good bike, except for the semi-truck turning radius. And it's begging for some pilot powers, the previous owner put some bt014 on it and they're so flat it makes me feel like the bike doesn't want to drop into corners like the FZ6 did.

schumy

Reaction score
Visit site
No worries mate,
I am glad your not leaving the forum as I enjoy your posts. You, poorboy, J, Elm and Jonac are in an exclusive club of four riders who participate but don't have the FZ6 as their main ride (if I have missed anyone sorry).
Post some pictures and welcome to the pseudo FZ6 wannabes lol.

Nelly

One day i will have the chance to own an FZ6 :D

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
An R6... nice :thumbup: That's one of the bikes I was looking at until I got my broken back. Enjoy the bike, and glad you'll still be here on the forum!