Tie downs

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canyon-Dancer-Bar-Harness-II/dp/B001ACLISK]Amazon.com: Canyon Dancer Bar Harness II - Standard/Black: Automotive[/ame]

biggdadd

Reaction score
Visit site
I take the tie down and wrap it around the fork twice and then back on itself to cinch it tight to the fork tube. Never had a problem this way.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
I also used Canyon Dancers for several years, but after bending a bar a bit, a Yamaha mechanic suggested instead that I just wrap the soft straps around the lower triple. Others have complained about Canyon Dancers jamming the throttle assembly, although I never had that problem. Using the lower triple doesn't touch/damage the plastics, it's sturdier, and the price is right.

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a Condor chock. No straps are necessary on the front end. I just have to put a little forward pressure so the bike stays in the chock. Once she's tied in I can move the entire trailer side-to-side by shaking the bike. It's the only way to haul a motorcycle, in my arrogant opinion.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Soft ties around the lower triple tree/fork legs with regular tie downs after that.

Keeps from tearing up anything on the bars (grips, throttle meister, heated grips, handlebar tweeking-if not tightened down fully, etc).

I use the Canyon Dancer as a back up with PVC tube over each grip. The tube is cut to go over the grips, another short, small piece of PVC glued to the outside of the tube to prevent the C.D. from riding up on the grip itself(glued at the inner most end).

I believe the new C.D. comes with a plastic tube attached to it. One of my customers used it on his Concours that was equipped with a Thottle Meister. The CD bent /knocked out of alignment the Throttle Meister. I ended up CUTTING THE END of the Canyon Dancer off, problem solved (Throttle Meister now, is un-touched).

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Depends how far your going.

I either use Oxford straps for an hour or so but if its a longer journey tie down at the axle :thumbup: That way you don't have prolonged pressure on the forks. (Get on to Bikebiz for Oxford straps, that's where I got mine).
TieFront.jpg

Use a tyre belt on the rear that hold the wheel in place. Again without compressing the suspension.
I don't have a pic & im not loading the bike up just to take one :D
Linky
Techspec Australia Home

Travel far & wide & your suspension guy will love you for it :thumbup:

Last edited: