Thundersprint, Northwich Sunday 13th May 2012

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Anybody going Thundersprint tomorrow?
It's a free motorcycling event in the centre of Northwich with tons of stuff going on. It's an annual event. Went last year and all the bike manufacturers came out in force along with big and small companies selling their motorcycle gear. A good opportunity for picking up some leathers, boots, helmets and other bits and bobs for a good price and to have a generally fab day.
They even set up a race track on the car park where famous riders come and to laps around it. This year see's the return of BBC MotoGP presenters Steve Parrish and Matt Roberts as well as Moto 2 riders Scott Redding and Danny Webb. Jim Redman will be riding a R1 from Wigan Yamaha. Tons more riders as well as an aerobatic display by Spitfire!

Lots of parking for bikes (you generally park everywhere and anywhere you want/can for free) Tons of people come down so lots of machines to ogle.

Definitely recommend attending. Best of all, it's FREE!

The Thundersprint - Europe’s Biggest and Best Motorcycling Festival
https://www.motorcycleracer.com/misc/thundersprint_programme_2012.pdf

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds like a great day out, I'll have to try and get there one of these years (my brother lives in Northwich).
Have a great time :thumbup:

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Sorry, no photos of the event. It was that packed with people, I didn't get the opportunity. It wasn't as good as last year but this year was much busier. Still good for a free event though.

I did manage to get this photo of an '83 Kawasaki in the race paddock.