Throttle cable attachment

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I installed some new handle bars and grips this weekend and am trying to get it back together. I'm having some trouble getting the throttle cables back into their holders in the throttle tube. There's no free play on the handle bar end (nut is screwed all the way in) so the cables are too tight to get both of them back in. Is there a easy trick to get them back on without having to remove the tank, air filter case, and battery to get to the internal adjusters to increase the slack?

Edit: Well, I finally got it back on. I guess I wasn't pulling on the cable hard enough.

Can anyone measure the length of the screw for item #16 at the following page? I seem to have lost it on the road or while disassembling my switch box and none of the OEM fiches tell what size it is. I'm going to have to run by a hardware store and pick up a new one. It's the front left one when your sitting on the bike. Thanks!

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...FZ6/GroupID/338092/Group/HANDLE_SWITCH_LEVER_

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Before doing any work on your bike, do a "Search" on here because someone will have done it right and someone will have done it wrong.

I know someone else who has done exactly what you have done because I read it on here.

Steve

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I searched both SBN and this forum for "throttle cable" and "throttle tube" before posting this thread and couldn't find anyone who had a problem. I was probably just being a little too careful trying not to break the tube cable holders. I have it all put back together now though (sans the missing screw) so everything is good. :)