Throttle body removal

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
I've loosened the 4 clamp screws under TBs to the point I can feel the clamps are loose, but TBs won't budge. I'm using enough force to rock the bike, but no go - I don't want to break anything. Is there something else holding the thing besides these 4 clamps?

tbs_bottom.jpg

tbs_top.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've loosened the 4 clamp screws under TBs to the point I can feel the clamps are loose, but TBs won't budge. I'm using enough force to rock the bike, but no go - I don't want to break anything. Is there something else holding the thing besides these 4 clamps?

tbs_bottom.jpg

tbs_top.jpg

I believe the TB's are attached to the fuel injection rail, injectors etc (see below picture). You can see the phillips head screws holding the two parts together. I've never puller the TB's out myself, just make sure ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is unbolted..

May I ask why your pulling the TB's?

Last edited:

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Heya,

Everything I found indicates that it's only these 4 clamps on our bikes (R6 as well), I've seen some pics and the rubber "boots" for each TB are rather deep, I guess it just needs more rocking/force. The fuel rail is attached to the TBs, but doesn't look like it's stopping from lifting them up..

The left side has the throttle cable which will limit full removal, on the right's there's TPS which I want to test using a multimeter, also, I'm due my valve checks which mandates TB removal, but I've read some members stating that you don't need to fully remove them, pushing aside is enough to get to valve cover.

Come to think of it, I think them being stuck saved my butt, cause there's lots of dirt pilled up at TB connection points, I ought to clean that out first and give pulling another go, most likely this weekend,

Thanks!

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Heya,

Everything I found indicates that it's only these 4 clamps on our bikes (R6 as well), I've seen some pics and the rubber "boots" for each TB are rather deep, I guess it just needs more rocking/force. The fuel rail is attached to the TBs, but doesn't look like it's stopping from lifting them up..

The left side has the throttle cable which will limit full removal, on the right's there's TPS which I want to test using a multimeter, also, I'm due my valve checks which mandates TB removal, but I've read some members stating that you don't need to fully remove them, pushing aside is enough to get to valve cover.

Come to think of it, I think them being stuck saved my butt, cause there's lots of dirt pilled up at TB connection points, I ought to clean that out first and give pulling another go, most likely this weekend,

Thanks!

Do a search for valve checks. I'm 99% sure someone posted you don't have to remove the TB's for checking the valves...

See post #87 : http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...98-valve-adjustments-have-you-had-done-9.html, the TB removal isn't necessary for a valve check...

Last edited: