Three close calls riding to work....

fzsixx

Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: Was getting on the freeway this morning making a right hand turn onto the on ramp shifted into second gear and hit about 8000 RPM's When all of a sudden this red Durango straight up stood on the brake ON THE FREEWAY ON RAMP!!! I pull in the clutch and hit my brakes and I feel my rear lock up big time and started to fish tail around got my heart pounding... Turns out the dude and his woman were arguing and he stood on the brake to let her out..She slammed the door flipped him off than started walking up the on ramp..Blew my mind......

No more than fifteen min later im on the I-17 heading north and that freeway is a death trap because there is only about a two foot left and right shoulder with concrete walls about ten feet high on both sides = no escape... So im in the HOV lane doing about 70 MPH when all of a sudden two cars merge into the same lane together right in front of me (older chevy pickup and a crown vic) the crown vic goes spinning out of controll and the vic ends up completly in the HOV lane I had no time to stop so I went up on the left shoulder. I got so close to hitting the vic that my riding pants brushed the bumper...:eek:

Then a min later im coming up on my off ramp for work and this dumb ass in a 300 with his 20 inch rims and bass that even I could hear comes flying up behind me cuts me off crossing two solid lines in the process and nearly hit me....now I dont want to ride home ha ha. IDK if its the full moon or what but ride safe guys you never know whats going to happen till it does....

ATGATT -Matt

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: I pull in the clutch and hit my brakes and I feel my rear lock up big time and started to fish tail around got my heart pounding...

Well they say things come in three's, I'm not sure if you are figuratively speaking but pulling in the clutch before you brake greatly reduces your stopping potential and control.

Brake then clutch, glad your ok,

Neil:thumbup:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are OK - that was CLOSE going by the Crown Vic. Many years ago when I was a new driver, my cousin told me "expect the other driver to do the dumbest thing possible, and plan an out". Great advice that I have followed ever since.

As for the lotto ticket - it would be a looser! Buy the ticket on the day you make ALL the traffic lights. :)