Thoughts on a different kinda of headlight mod....

LunchBox04V

That Subaru Guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Well..... for a long time I have always liked the look of the Buell XB9/12R. It just has a look that I like. I have an S2 style FZ, and have been following all the naked conversions..... they look really great! Though, for me, I do too much highway riding to make the swap to go naked. (lol Yeah, it sound fun...) So, I was thinking as a middle ground doing something that I have not seen done here....

I was wondering what you folks would think of a FZ6 with a Buel XB12R front fairing? I mean if I was going to do this, I thing I would want to go with clip-ons to get the riding angle lower. But what do you folks think?.... Here are some photos for thought.... or if there are some photo shop talented people out there..... :rockon:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
the buell headlight fairing have a more 'sportsbike' look to it rather than the fz6. if there a full race fairing available for this i think it would be better.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
the buell headlight fairing have a more 'sportsbike' look to it rather than the fz6. if there a full race fairing available for this i think it would be better.

The new R1 has the same kind of 'Eyes' as the Buell and is a full fairing.
Could be made to fit,but would be $$$$ !

R1.jpg

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
The new R1 has the same kind of 'Eyes' as the Buell and is a full fairing.
Could be made to fit,but would be $$$$ !

R1.jpg
any idea if any of the existing sportsbike race fairing can be fitted with least modifications? still using the stock handlebars etc. at least the side fairings would be good. dont really fancy the "pop out" r1 09 headlights. :BLAA:

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, I don't like it. The curves of the different bikes don't match up with each other. It's like putting Christina Hendricks' boobs on Natalie Portman's body. Two great things that just don't mix well.