Thinking of getting a Power Commander

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day Guys and Gals,
I'm looking at buying a PCIII for my 2005 FZ6.

Now, it's got stock exhausts, but a K&N Airfilter, so I'm not looking at much (if any) power improvement.

What I am looking at is economy, longevity and to get rid of that nasty surge from off-on throttle.

First and foremost, does anybody have one they wish to sell?

Failing that, are all PCIIIs the same? I see them listed on eBay for specific motorcycles - does that mean they have specific plugs to suit that motorcycle (and then, can I use the R6 one) or are all PCIIIs the same, and the software and/or maps are different?

Then, some have recommended using the PC5 as it has a 'self-tuning' section, but the PC website specifically states the PCIII is suitable for the 2005 FZ6?

Finally, can anybody recommend a good shop in/around Adelaide with a good dyno/operator?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. If anybody has some aftermarket exhausts they want to sell, let me know!

P.P.S. Is the 'Juice Box' as good as the PC?

P.P.P.S. Anybody know where I can buy some good quality, preferably easy slide, clutch and throttle cables?

Last edited:

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
they are bike specific- the wire connectors are the only difference tho, so if your an electrician you might be able to buy one for an different model and make it work,

im not an electrician, i have a power commander USB III for my 2007- and i highly recommend getting one- if not for power gains for smoother throttle response, you can also benefit if your looking to gain greater fuel economy.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I always go OEM for clutch cables, etc....

As for the PC111, great idea!

You got it yet???

:thumbup: