Thinking of doing the speed limit in the left lane and annoying everyone around you?

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOJJzMDHjI]YouTube - new jersey state trooper at his best!!!![/ame]

:rockon::rockon:

We need more cops like this one. We also need a $1000 ticket for everyone who drives like this.

:thumbup::thumbup:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: Oh man, I wish CHP would do that! Everyday on 280 on the way home, there's an older lady in an older Saab, and she wears a high-vis jacket, and chunks along in the middle lane at no more than 50mph(limit is 65). You can tailgate, flash, honk all you want, she just stares blankly ahead of her, and won't budge. At least get in the slow lane if your're gonna do that!!

This is now classic vid as far as I'm concerned! :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I sort of expected the trooper to do that and was surprised the person didn't get sighted.

Great vid! Thank you!

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Living in NJ we do not tolerate slow drivers in the left lane. Most offenders are from PA. This is why NJ has the best drivers in the country!! :rockon:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
i cant blame this person for not going over the speed limit with a cop on their ass..i wouldnt volunteer for a speeding ticket either

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't watch the video right now because youtube doesn't work for me at work... I'll have to watch it when I get home. Let me preface by saying I get probably as pissed off as anybody at left lane campers. Add that to the fact that I'm currently in Washington where everybody is a stoned hippie who seems to feel that control is lost somewhere around 10MPH below the speed limit and drives accordingly...in any lane.

That said, the hypocrisy here amuses me. It seems to me there are two parties breaking the law: one by "left lane camping", and the other by exceeding the posted speed limit. Left lane camping seems to be shunned, and speeding seems to be promoted.

Like I said, I am usually exceeding the posted speed limit, I just wanted to point this out. And I do realize that assuming you don't crash, exceeding the speed limit doesn't hold anybody up like left lane camping does.

In summary, I guess I am just rambling. Oh look, here comes the nurse to take me back to my room with padded walls...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Living in NJ we do not tolerate slow drivers in the left lane. Most offenders are from PA. This is why NJ has the best drivers in the country!! :rockon:

In my opinion data can be very unscientific a politically driven but I found this..Jersey City is #2. Best and Worst Drivers in the Country
I would agree that driving is much more efficient in NJ than it is here except for things like lane splitting. I've driven for years in both states.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I drive on that road every day (287) and it's the first time I've ever seen a cop do that.
Plenty of left lane squatters in NJ and cops typically let them be... shame.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon:

Awesome.

They will ticket you for failure to yield to faster moving traffic in the left lane here in Virginia. Should be that way everywhere and they should write more tickets for Left lane cruisers as that kind of driving causes road rage and accidents.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like another member have said, certain states have laws about using the very left lane. Meaning that it's more of a passing lane than a travel lane and you can get cited.

Remember, when people camp out in the left lane doing the speed limit, in certain states it's not against the law. Not sure what the actual law is in NJ. But people fail to realize that they are obstructing the flow of traffic, creating dangerous situations for themselves and others. Here in this country, it's best to have people pass you on your left. Passing on the right can be more dangerous.

Above all things, it's just etiquette. Just like everything else in life, no different than letting the door slam in front of the person who's behind you. Most people will hold the door open for them. You don't have to, but you do.

I agree, that trooper should get the star award as far as I'm concern.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Above all things, it's just etiquette. Just like everything else in life, no different than letting the door slam in front of the person who's behind you. Most people will hold the door open for them. You don't have to, but you do.

Exactly!! Which is why it upsets me so much to see so many people out there not care whatsoever about their surroundings.

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't watch the video right now because youtube doesn't work for me at work... I'll have to watch it when I get home. Let me preface by saying I get probably as pissed off as anybody at left lane campers. Add that to the fact that I'm currently in Washington where everybody is a stoned hippie who seems to feel that control is lost somewhere around 10MPH below the speed limit and drives accordingly...in any lane.

That said, the hypocrisy here amuses me. It seems to me there are two parties breaking the law: one by "left lane camping", and the other by exceeding the posted speed limit. Left lane camping seems to be shunned, and speeding seems to be promoted.

Like I said, I am usually exceeding the posted speed limit, I just wanted to point this out. And I do realize that assuming you don't crash, exceeding the speed limit doesn't hold anybody up like left lane camping does.

In summary, I guess I am just rambling. Oh look, here comes the nurse to take me back to my room with padded walls...

You forgot one other - the cop never signaled his/her lane change(s) after he/she turned off the christmas tree lights; should ticket him/herself for "failure to signal" :spank: (after all, lead by example and all that :BLAA:).

Otherwise, I only WISH they'd do that here in MA.

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
Kinda dangerous by the cop tho...

as soon as he puts his lights on, that car in front is highly likely to end up slamming on the brakes in shock.

he should have dropped back at least... just taking advantage of his power in the wrong way I feel

Reaction score
Visit site
"stay right except to pass"
"slower traffic keep right"

apparently this person has never seen these signs. it's fine to do the speed limit, but never in that lane. you don't know who you're slowing down.