the tight a** grip puppy

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks been reading about grip puppies and I think I have the cheap alternative.
Here in Melbourne, is a company called Clark Rubber that sells all manner of rubber extrusions, plugs, seals foam rubber sheets and mattresses, as well as above ground pools and floor vinyl and outdoor carpet etc.
They have this stuff designed to go on surf board racks that I have used as hand grips on push bikes for years.
for a "tube" about 500mm long it costs about $5.95.
with a spray of metho inside the tube and on the grip it slides on pretty easy.
might not look as good as the real thing but way cheap.
I put it on tonight, I'll see how it rides in the morning and give verdict, but if its anything like on the deadly treadly,I think i'll be ok
see picView attachment 34502

Hi folks been reading about grip puppies and I think I have the cheap alternative.
Here in Melbourne, is a company called Clark Rubber that sells all manner of rubber extrusions, plugs, seals foam rubber sheets and mattresses, as well as above ground pools and floor vinyl and outdoor carpet etc.
They have this stuff designed to go on surf board racks that I have used as hand grips on push bikes for years.
for a "tube" about 500mm long it costs about $5.95.
with a spray of metho inside the tube and on the grip it slides on pretty easy.
might not look as good as the real thing but way cheap.
I put it on tonight, I'll see how it rides in the morning and give verdict, but if its anything like on the deadly treadly,I think i'll be ok
see picView attachment 34502

Doesnt look too bad...no worse than any cheap set of grips....

But yours are way better than a set of "cheap" grips, or grip puppy's for that matter cause, at $5 for 500mm, your getting a set of grips for about $2.50, that you can replace in about a minute! And i bet they are comfy! And you have a spare "set' just waiting in the shed draw!

Awesome stuff.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

.......put it on tonight, I'll see how it rides in the morning and give verdict, but if its anything like on the deadly treadly,I think i'll be ok.....

So I said I'd give some feed back:
Well my first thought when I rode up the street was that I didn't have the same sort of control, that the "grip" was missing and that by the time I got to work I would be slicing them off. BUT reality was as soon as I had done about 2 ks they felt really good.

i found a mob that will ship them to aus for $25 Au wich i thought was a bit more reasonable so ordered a set for me and my lads bike will let you know how they are when they arrive theyre not grip puppies brand but they say theyre the same.

ill be curiious to see if it is just foam from clarks rubber(or equiv) lol

the site was Adventure MotoStuff LLC they answered my questions quickly and well and the item was shipped within a few hours of placing the order :D

CRIKEY!!! Good idea. Here in the US a plumbin or HVAC supply may have the same stuff. Maybe Home Depot or Loews.

So I said I'd give some feed back:
Well my first thought when I rode up the street was that I didn't have the same sort of control, that the "grip" was missing and that by the time I got to work I would be slicing them off. BUT reality was as soon as I had done about 2 ks they felt really good.

well, time for some more feed back, ITS ALL GOOD, feels positive, good grip thickness with the foam, low vibration, they don't soak up water like a sponge, (as I found out on Tuesday here in Melbourne).
I'm happy with them!

Back