The return of the Commodore 64

At work, I found a NeXTstation that was on its way to surplus & salvage. I rescued it and got it running again. It runs NeXTSTEP, the precursor to Mac OS X. 33 MHz 68040 Motorola processor, 64 MB RAM, 2.88 MB Floppy (rare) and a NeXT MegaPixel monitor. I'm trying to get a hold of a coveted NeXTCube.

Cool. Does this mean in 5 years time I can upgrade to an amiga 500? Would love to get a hold of some of those old games.
Probably wouldnt be the same without the buckets...... Sweet memories of my rougish teens :thumbup:

I had a Vic20 (little brother to the 64):(. Actually I've still got it in perfect working order in my TV cabinet:thumbup:

I had the VIC 20, C64, TRS80(TRASH 80), A little Synclair(?), The first Mac
oh yeah...and one of these...Hahaha....which is what I'm using at the moment....:rolleyes:
sx64_4.jpg

I had a intelevision, pitfall was awesome. First PC was a Tandy from radio shack, games were all kinds of cheesy.

I'm a 386/486 person... i missed the c64 by a few years.. but still a cool idea.. and yea, at least 1/2 the forum doesnt remember a time without internet.. bbs's used to be all that was there... thank god for progress!!! :thumbup:

Is that a Kaypro? We had a Kaypro II that looked a lot like that. My first "portable" computer LOL

That's the old SX64 portable by Commodore. :thumbup: It does look like a Kaypro

Last edited:
Back