The price is right?

YBP

Reaction score
Visit site
On my search for my first bike i found a fz-6 07 with 11k miles. The dealer is asking $4999 for it. On Ebay i found brand new 09s going for the same price, so im wondering should i do some price negotiating with the salesman?

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
On my search for my first bike i found a fz-6 07 with 11k miles. The dealer is asking $4999 for it. On i found brand new 09s going for the same price, so im wondering should i do some price negotiating with the salesman?

If it is at a dealer, the bike was looked over, but with that kind of miles you could try to talk them down, are there any after market parts on it?

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
Aske the dealer do you get any warrenty, or first service free at that price. Also usually dealers add on a few bucks so they can offer you "free" gear if your a first time rider. Tell him/her you don't need any gear and you want a reduction in price.

I got my first bike from a dealer (second hand CBR250RR) and got 6 months warrenty with it. Free gloves and helmet and 1/2 price jacket.

Always worth trying to beat down the price. Sure worst thing that can happen is he says no.

Good luck:thumbup:

YBP

Reaction score
Visit site
If it is at a dealer, the bike was looked over, but with that kind of miles you could try to talk them down, are there any after market parts on it?

Only those protector knobs for when you lay the bike down, besides that nothing else.

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up mine in Ohio around July 2010:

mint 2008 FZ-6
2,200 miles
all stock
from a dealer for $3600
no extra gear

bjorn240

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a '09 with 6500 miles on it for $1500 private party sale. Way, way, way, way, way too high. Don't buy used bikes from dealers.

616ah

Reaction score
Visit site
To argue for the dealers price - they are putting their reputation behind the thing, you are paying for their knowledge and expertise, as opposed to buying privately at your own risk. Chances are its a good machine. If your dealer sells junk, then they soon won't be... I suggest researching the dealers rep for the answer.

To argue the fact the the price seems high - such is commerce. To bargan respectfully to a fair price is totally expected... If they choose not to play the game, then there is a subtle hint there somewhere... The game is on, and the ball is in your court. In no way are you obligated. Financial darwinism at its finest.

Isn't it fun? :D

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2008 FZ6 wth 6500 miles from a dealer for $3500 out the door. I would try and bring that price down some. You could keep looking and find a much better deal.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my 2005 with 8k miles two years ago for 3800$. It was listed at 4500$. I also negotiated in free first service, discount card for merchandise, and a new set of spark plugs.

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread makes me feel like I stole mine :don'tknow:

Bought my new 2009 in Nov from the dealer with 3.3 miles on it for just $4999! (Of course it was listed at $7500, but I'm no chump)

Also had them throw in the Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S) for an additional 5 yrs of service beyond the dealers 1 yr.

So yeah man, I'd say get that price down a good amount (~2k) or go elsewhere.

YBP

Reaction score
Visit site
The dealer only offered to knock off 200 due to the fact they only added new tires and a tuneup ect, which they ball parked 400 bucks... So even 4800 is still to much?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The dealer only offered to knock off 200 due to the fact they only added new tires and a tuneup ect, which they ball parked 400 bucks... So even 4800 is still to much?

Remember, most of the prices that other members have quoted you are OTD prices. Meaning that's the total price, including tax. Is that $4,800 plus tax? Whether it's with or without tax, it's too high.

I would pass, be patient, there are much better deals out there, I know, because I see it posted here on this forum all the time. But if you want it really bad, then go ahead and buy it.

YBP

Reaction score
Visit site
Remember, most of the prices that other members have quoted you are OTD prices. Meaning that's the total price, including tax. Is that $4,800 plus tax? Whether it's with or without tax, it's too high.

I would pass, be patient, there are much better deals out there, I know, because I see it posted here on this forum all the time. But if you want it really bad, then go ahead and buy it.

Not even including taxes... It was going to be my first bike and my parents my have talked me out of it this season. Another thing i'm noticing that bikes down south where i live now is alot higher than bikes back up north and taxes are cheaper too. Arkansas want's 9%, Michigan 6%

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my 08' in 2010 for about 4,500 (after tax) with a 6 month warranty and it only had 4k on it. go for the 09'!

Last edited:

YBP

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Convinced! Even though i would love to save tons of gas this summer, but he is asking to much for the bike, i'll just wait till i go to michigan this summer and look around:bow: