The Official SW MoTech "Bags Connection" Fade Test

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today was cold and rainy, and I took the opportunity to install about six mods, delivered by The Man in the Brown Shorts™, to my new BMW R1200 GS. One was installing a "Bags Connection" tank ring and new tank bag. I really like this system, it involved a raised ring that's attached to the gas cap mount, and tank bags or GPS/camera mounts can snap right on/off. For aggressive riders who hug/slide across the tank, it doesn't work, but for us decrepit old farts it works really well. :rolleyes:
Anyhoo, I've been using the same MoTech tank bag on my FZ-6 since 2007, outdoors the entire time, so I did a comparison shot next to my brand new BMW bag:

(sorry about the overall color, I didn't have the white balance set correctly) The zippers are getting hard to work on the old bag, but she's still holding up. When it finally jams permanently/rips/falls apart, I'll detach the mounting plate and somehow attach it to another bag; SW MoTech have changed the design of the ring/coupler (it works much better now) so I can't buy a new bag for the FZ, unless I change out the ring too.

Anyway, there it is. :Flash:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is really faded, if the material is not rotted you can re-dye the fabric and use a little graphite (even run a sharpened pencil on the zipper) and it should look good again.